Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Hobbies

Monday mornings can mean lots of different things. Most people with office jobs dread them, as they are the beginning of the work week. Waitresses and hair stylists look forward to them, because the mean a day off, or a slow day after the busy weekend.

But I think that most people view Monday's as a fresh slate. A day to start over. You spend Sunday catching up on your last week, doing laundry, cleaning, finally getting to that paperwork, finishing that book or knitting project. And then Monday is a time to start anew.

This week you won't wait until Sunday to pay your bills, you can start that new diet, or exercise plan. Monday you are a new person (after you drink some coffee!), so start now.

My plan for starting over this week is to look at hobbies. Who has them, what are they, do I have one? Why or why not? Are hobbies just something that I like to do? I mean I love to read, is that a hobby? Or do I need to take up rock climbing? How much time committment or physical activity is required to make it a hobby?

Do we need hobbies to be a complete person, or will life go on if you just complete the bottom level of maslow's hierarchy? (food, sleep, shelter, love)

On running: I have a doctor's appt on Wednesday for my foot. Hopefully I will be healed, and can still run the 5 k on Sunday (after taking 2 weeks off from training).

On the house: It has rained so much recently, I am thinking of building an ark. But I'm going to put someone who is responsibile in charge of the unicorns this time. Maybe when it stops raining the house will be worked on.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hi Chandra! Our blogs have the same birthday! I finally started my running blog after being a lurker for *much* too long :-) I never really felt justified in commenting on other people's blogs without my own...now I can comment until my heart's content!

    Sorry to hear about the ankle...they are painful! Hang in there :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home