Paul Simon speaks the truth
"I can't run, but I can walk much faster" - Paul Simon "Can't Run But" Rhythm of the Saints released 10/1990
I really like the beat of this song, and have used it as a sort of mantra when times are tough, but today I use it because the doctor said I can't run for at least another week.
Yup, this is a running blog about a person who can't run. Maybe I should have used the "Isn't it ironic" alanis song today. I have sprained, (pulled?) a ligament in my right foot, and must advil and ice it up for the next week.
House update- We're getting a lawn mower! I know. This is a sign of growing up. When you have to spend money to cut grass. I think it's ludicrous, and that we should get a goat or a cow, and let them eat the lawn. Linus (our cat) doesn't think farm animals are the way to go.
I was doing laundry yesterday, and there was an inchworm on the dryer. Does this happen to other people? An inchworm fell out of K's shirt. The only reason I know it was an inch worm is because it looked like Slimey (scroll down to bottom).
Today's random question: Do you have to be good at running to be considered a runner?
I really like the beat of this song, and have used it as a sort of mantra when times are tough, but today I use it because the doctor said I can't run for at least another week.
Yup, this is a running blog about a person who can't run. Maybe I should have used the "Isn't it ironic" alanis song today. I have sprained, (pulled?) a ligament in my right foot, and must advil and ice it up for the next week.
House update- We're getting a lawn mower! I know. This is a sign of growing up. When you have to spend money to cut grass. I think it's ludicrous, and that we should get a goat or a cow, and let them eat the lawn. Linus (our cat) doesn't think farm animals are the way to go.
I was doing laundry yesterday, and there was an inchworm on the dryer. Does this happen to other people? An inchworm fell out of K's shirt. The only reason I know it was an inch worm is because it looked like Slimey (scroll down to bottom).
Today's random question: Do you have to be good at running to be considered a runner?

5 Comments:
At 10:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
I TOTALLY have a running blog and can't run!! I was thinking the same thing right about now. I found your blog as a link from Alison's. Anyway, heal soon!!
At 2:16 PM,
Sarah said…
I know how you're feeling with an injury...everyone keeps asking how the "marathon" training is going (I keep reminding them it's a *HALF* marathon). Now I get to tell them I'm injured and probably (likely) won't run...and I no longer feel like a runner without a training plan :-( Hang in there!
At 4:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I didn't know about your site before, but now I do and I've added your site to my bloglines subscription and I'll be following along! I hope you can get back to running soon. Good luck!
At 12:16 PM,
Running Chick said…
1) Each summer, my husband requests a goat citing the same reasons you mentioned.
2) Defining what makes a 'good runner' is all relative. If you have the dedication to get out there and do it - when healthy - then I think that makes you a good runner. I don't care how fast or how far...or if you swing your arms or count your breathing pattern or whatever. You do it. It's good.
3) Being a runner sometimes means being an injured runner. Taking care of yourself so you can heal quickly and properly means you can get back to running sooner. There are lessons to be learned from being injured that will make you a stronger, better runner later.
At 3:31 PM,
a.maria said…
Q: Do you have to be good at running to be considered a runner?
A: god i hope not!
Post a Comment
<< Home