Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, May 09, 2005

A thousand rainy days

"Do I have to tell a story of a thousand rainy days since we first met" - Sting Seven Days from Ten Summoners Tales- released 1993

using it- to indicate your displeasure at the constant rainy days.

Thanks Molly for suggesting this song. There are so many wonderful random lyrics that you can apply to everyday life, and as Sting's number 1 fan (i won't tell Bono or Simon) I think you may be able to best use Sting lyrics. Keep in mind that I was planning on using "The rain in spain stays mainly in the plain" today, and that's what's stuck in my head, but the concert is tomorrow, so we must keep up excitment.

So it rained all weekend long, and I have gone stir crazy. I'm going to try to remember to go to core class today, and maybe some elliptical after work to ease in some ankle usage. I have my gym membership for another week, might as well try to use it as much as I can. That and I realized I have 6 weeks until I have to wear the brides maid dress, and while it fits fine, it could always fit better.

Congrats to Liz for running an AWESOME 5k yesterday- I'm sorry I couldn't run with you, and Beach to Beacon - here we come (if i can keep up!)

Today's 2 random Questions-
Is there a specific distance between each telephone pole?
Do you think it's a good idea for a runner to belong to a gym?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Molly said…

    Sting obviously thought that that line is great too, because he's uses it in tons of his songs (originally in Every Little Thing She Does is Magic with the Police). And I hope that you enjoy the concert. What pretenses is your mother under? "Hey Mom, Neil Diamond is in town!"

    Also, I don't run, but I do belong to a gym. As a runner, wouldn't it be important to do some strength training? Wail on your pecs? I would think so...

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Ellen Clair Lamb said…

    Hey Chandra, Anna & Tarren & I will be there too! So we'll see you...

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Utility poles are generally spaced at equal intervals... although this is not always the case.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home