A big Country
"I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert
But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime" - Big Country- "In a big country" - from their album "Big Country"
using it- when you get something your not expecting
This doesn't have a theme, i've just been singing this song over and over since Monday, and the guy that sits next to me at work (who's wife calls me his "office wife") signs along. it's quite amusing.
So- Sat. Fat- I have high cholesterol. It's 220. not that high really, but my doctor is concerned because it was the same last year. as I mentioned previously- bus livin' ain't conducive to healty eating, but once again (more often then my highschool french teacher) i've turned over a new leaf. I started paying really close attention to my saturated fat intake, and it seems to be going well. i eat grilled chicken, lots of salad, no cheese (EVER), light (lite?) milk, and no red meat. oh, and no spicy chicken sandwiches from Wendy's, and no fried food, and only little tiny pieces of lasagna (which have both cheese and red meat!)
like today -
Breakfast - 8 oz no fat yogurt
lunch- veggie burrito in lite wrap - extra spinach (thank you very much)
dinner- brown rice with salmon, 5 oz V8.
yeah, go read that again. HEALTHY (said with 3 syllables)
3 more random things of note:
1. I went to the bank this past weekend and GUESS who was in front of me in line GUESS... give up. Joan Benoit Samuleson. like, as an astounding runner, woman, and fabulous person doing her banking at the same time as me. *gush* i didn't embarrass myself. I've met her before, and her daughter. they live about 5 miles from me (stalkers ignore that comment). She always wears running stuff.
2. I got new kicks! well new versions of my old ones- brooks adrenelines. The break - in run was supposed to be about 2 hours ago, but sadly the job didn't let that happen. but tomorrow! (said that before DAMNIT)
3. I got a hair cut today. dramatic. I doubt K will notice. i'll let you know. I really like it!
next time: house updates galore, and the plan for the return to running, fall weddings and MY TEN YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION
But I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime" - Big Country- "In a big country" - from their album "Big Country"
using it- when you get something your not expecting
This doesn't have a theme, i've just been singing this song over and over since Monday, and the guy that sits next to me at work (who's wife calls me his "office wife") signs along. it's quite amusing.
So- Sat. Fat- I have high cholesterol. It's 220. not that high really, but my doctor is concerned because it was the same last year. as I mentioned previously- bus livin' ain't conducive to healty eating, but once again (more often then my highschool french teacher) i've turned over a new leaf. I started paying really close attention to my saturated fat intake, and it seems to be going well. i eat grilled chicken, lots of salad, no cheese (EVER), light (lite?) milk, and no red meat. oh, and no spicy chicken sandwiches from Wendy's, and no fried food, and only little tiny pieces of lasagna (which have both cheese and red meat!)
like today -
Breakfast - 8 oz no fat yogurt
lunch- veggie burrito in lite wrap - extra spinach (thank you very much)
dinner- brown rice with salmon, 5 oz V8.
yeah, go read that again. HEALTHY (said with 3 syllables)
3 more random things of note:
1. I went to the bank this past weekend and GUESS who was in front of me in line GUESS... give up. Joan Benoit Samuleson. like, as an astounding runner, woman, and fabulous person doing her banking at the same time as me. *gush* i didn't embarrass myself. I've met her before, and her daughter. they live about 5 miles from me (stalkers ignore that comment). She always wears running stuff.
2. I got new kicks! well new versions of my old ones- brooks adrenelines. The break - in run was supposed to be about 2 hours ago, but sadly the job didn't let that happen. but tomorrow! (said that before DAMNIT)
3. I got a hair cut today. dramatic. I doubt K will notice. i'll let you know. I really like it!
next time: house updates galore, and the plan for the return to running, fall weddings and MY TEN YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home