Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Returning the jackhammer

"At the end of the day there's another day dawning
And the sun in the morning is waiting to rise"
At the end of the day - Les Miserables


using it- as you may have noticed, i enjoy a wide variety of music, including musicals. I saw Les Mis in London in highschool and it was a wonderful experience, and I have the soundtrack. but I can't listen to it in the bus, because K doesn't appreciate the wonderful voices, and I can't listen to it in the car, because my CD player hasn't been installed yet (once again, not K's fault, but definitely within his power to fix). So these things make the song stuck in my head.

that and it's a nice mental image.

I went to the gym on Monday after work, and had a really nice hard workout, and I really enjoyed it. Tomorrow I'm going hiking in the white mountains in NH, so that should be a good time. But it means I'll be missing for a few days.

The house is progressing- there's no floor anymore. It was quite funny. Last night I got home and the floor was gone, and K looked at me, and said "I have to go return the jackhammer, it looks like it's going to rain, take in the laundry". Now, I was holding the food shopping bags, and my work stuff, the mail, and some random stuff that needed to go in the bus, and people were on their way over to have dinner, and I had to defrost the chicken and marinate it before their arrival.

yea, sure. I'll get right on the laundry. mmmm.. sounds like a plan

that's the thing about doing your laundry without a dryer. you have to hang it up. and it rains, and it's humid, and there's no fabric softener.

man. could you imagine if I had real problems?

more pictures on Monday, have a great weekend world!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Molly said…

    At least you have a washer and you don't have to do it by hand. Hanging it up is not awesome, but it gets the job done, even if it is sometimes three days later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home