the disease of limes

no song lyrics. just bad news: I have lime disease (spelled wrong on purpose!).
a few days ago (monday?) I noticed a bump - like a mosquito bite, on my leg. about 4 inches above my left knee. it itched. Tuesday it got bigger, and started to hurt, and started to look like a bullseye. K and I thought - the disease of the d33r t1ck, and I called the doc office on Wednesday. The nurse said "wait until your yearly exam next week", and clearly not believing me, told me to put n30sp0ren on it. It got much worse on Wednesday, and Thursday morning I called again ,demanding an appointment. the appt took 2 seconds, where the doc said "wow, that looks exactly like all the photos, do you mind if we use you as a teaching case". um.. sure. so all the office staff came in and looked at the now 3 1/2 inch red bullseye on my thigh.
and now i'm on antibiotics for 3 weeks that tell me to stay out of the sun... yup, that's what I just said. the last 3 weeks of summer, and I'm supposed to stay inside.
today's picture- the most current view of the house! please note the EXTREME rot in the corner board

2 Comments:
At 11:40 PM,
Donald said…
What a bummer. Sorry to hear that.
At 6:36 AM,
Jon (was) in Michigan said…
Argh! That is the major bummer. The l!me dise@se and the house. Could be worse though. You could have gotten we$t n!le. Eeek.
Hope you are feeling better fast!
Post a Comment
<< Home