Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Acorns Abound


"They keep telling me jesus walked on water
He shoulda surfed " - Ben Harper "Get it like you like it"

using it: i'm not makin' any sort of religious anything. This was playing on the radio this morning, and this line made me giggle. The rest of the lyrics are pretty sweet. check them out here. Oh, and the radio station I listen to streams here

this weekend all energies were focused on gutting the 2nd floor. it's down to studs and rafters. Today K is moving the plumbing outside (i snuck in 1 last load of laundry before work!) and bus living continues to go well.

Everyone has been telling K and I that renovations cause major strife in relationships, and sometimes I see how that could happen, and sometimes it seems to bring us closer together (towards one goal, ya know!)

I think I'm the only one of us thinking about it, but really, who's surprised at that?

definitely got my exercise in this weekend: hammering, demolishing, carrying many pieces of wood, stabbing myself with a nail, and coughing. it turns out there were many things other than K and I living in the 2nd floor. many many many spiders, mice and evidence of squirrels.
I know that not everyone has the desire, wherewithal or crazy notion to replace the walls in their house, but seriously, if you had seen what was in my walls, you would start planning the renovation.

In one section of the wall (which used to be behind my dresser), there was the BIGGEST most gargantuan bees nest. like the Trump Towers of hornet's nests. like EIGHT layers of high rise livin' for the buzzy stingy kind of insect. YUCK.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger J'Og said…

    hah...i love your bus. that is a rockin' alternative! it's...so...partridge family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home