on becoming a foodie

"Wakko: (Spoken) Hey Let's get some ice cream.
Dot: How 'bout this one?
Pistachio Almond Fruit Fudge Buttterscotch Delight
Yakko: Ingredients Zinc Trisodium Aspartate,
Sorbatale, and Bisulfate
Oxide, Beta Caratine
Lactic Acid, Carab Bean
(music begins)
Yakko: Grade A milk emulsified
Malto-dextrin alkalide
Silicon deoxylite
Lots of sugar,
W+D : Hey, all right!
Yakko: Calcified synthetic salt
Artificial barley malt
Glycerine and aspartate
Folic acid,
Wakko: That tastes great!
YW+D : Monosodium glutamate
Dehydrated calceinate
Soybean oil, butter fat
Caramel center,
Wakko: I'll eat that!
YW+D : Hooray for sugar, 'cause we love it
Chocolate chips; we want more of it
Cakes and ice cream; watch us shove it
Down our throats real fast.
Yakko: Here's a candy bar, you tried it?
Wakko: Hey, let's all see what's inside it.
Yakko: Gelatinized triglycerin
Phosphate, soybean, lecithin
Deoxylite tri-silicon
Dipped in chocolate,
W+D : Bring it on!
Yakko: Citrus enzymes, BHT
Powdered milk,
Dot : Sounds good to me!
Yakko: Baking soda, carob gum
Carbohydrates,
W+D : Yummy yum!
YW+D : Monosodium glutamate
Zinc disodium algenate,
Whole grain flour, yeast and fat
Wakko: Time to eat it; I'll do that
YW+D : We like sweets a lot
But they make your insides rot
So remember it's your body
And the only one you've got."
- Animaniacs- "Be Careful what you eat"
ok, long song, apologies. i like this song. I went through an animaniacs phase a while ago (years people, years) and this one alway stood out (aside from "let the anvil ring")
I've recently realized, thanks in part to Susan's post that I may be slightly more obsessed with what I eat than most people. I mean, I'm not saying I eat healthy, but I pay REALLY close attention to what I put into my body. Like I write it down. and have food guilt. I see this as some sort of psychologogical issue I should start dealing with in my head. I'm not saying it is for other people, but I am starting to be concerned about my rapt attention to the food.
so that's my thought for today. Really busy in San Diego, but managed to get in an hour of yoga yesterday, and a 2-3 hour walk on Sunday (exploring), and swimming (laps and random) both days.
are you obsessed with food? is it because I'm a female? is it because I want to weigh about 7 lbs less than I do?
K said we officially live in the bus now. bed, clothes, fridge, food, tv, books. in the bus.
oh, and here's another San Diego Pic! really random, but I like it!

2 Comments:
At 11:18 PM,
brent said…
i wish i wasn't so obsessed with tracking what i eat. like you said, its not that i always make the most healthy decisions but i seem to record it anyway. boooooo.
At 11:32 PM,
Donald said…
I LOVED the Animaniacs - for a while I thought they were the second coming of Looney Tunes. They're out on DVD now. I'm very happy.
Post a Comment
<< Home