Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Is it any wonder?



"Is it any wonder I'm tired
Is it any wonder that I feel uptight
Is it any wonder I don't know what's right " - Keane- Is it any wonder


using it- no, i'm not complaining. this song is stuck in my head, and I didn't know what the lyrics were until I googled them. but now, after looking at those pictures, is it any wonder that my shoulders hurt

Renovation update: 3 sides of the house are without shingles, siding, and tar paper. the 37 foot steel beams are in place. K is bolting 2x12's to the studs today, that will be used to lift off of. The revised plan: beams will be jacked up(using 4 20 ton hydraulic bottle jacks), lifting the 2x12's bolted to the studs, which will in turn lift the house about 16 inches off the ground. The bottom floor will then be cut out, and a back hoe (hehe) will dig out the foundation, and dirt down to the ledge.

today's pictures are before and after with my Chimney!

I tried a new gym yesterday at lunch. I'm really quite torn about the future of my gym membership, and i think that if I list them here it will help, so here we go:

Local Y - about 15 min away(from work, 10 from home), has classes like step, yoga, spinning, and has a pool! (the pool here is good, because of the possibilities of doing a sprint tri next year ((more on this later))), is about 4 minutes past the turnoff to my house.

bad- is 4 times the price of option b - on a monthly basis, the machines are always busy, and i don't go nearly as much as I should.

Option B- about 10 minutes away (from work, 20 from home) is SUPER CHEAP, has tons of fancy machines- with built in fans, and tv's. a buddy at work (stop lurking on my blog!) goes there everyday, and would be some good motivation

bad- no classes, no pool, far from home, and not on my direct route to anywhere.

So tough- maybe i'll try to go to the Y at lunch this week, and see if I could make that a daily schedule. I think i'm seduced by the pool. my swimming is subpar.

Now, to throw a monkey in the wrench (what does this phrase actually mean??) I have 11 weeks of travel between sept 15 and Dec 15. so I won't be around to go the EITHER gym, but plan on running/swimming on the road.

What's a girl to do?

I ordered some fun bumper stickers yesterday for my new car!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger brent said…

    wow that sounds like a ton of work on the house! whew.
    if you want to check out the pics of me and my gal i will email them to you....but i dont think i want to post them again. she's on my trail and i think she will find my blog soon! :) or if there is another anon way you can think of for me to post them let me know...

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Donald said…

    I'm morally opposed to gym memberships but I guess if I lived in Maine I might have a different viewpoint.

    The pool is tempting. A convenient, well-maintained pool is one of the hardest things for a triathlete to find.

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a question about your chimney. How in the world will Santa get to your house this year? Did you think about that before tearing it down. Sorry but there has got to be some reality here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home