Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Baby Steps

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
No other road, no other way
No day but today" - Rent - The Musical, not the movie!

using it- life is yours to miss man... deep...

so i'm lying in bed in the bus at 4:00 am because Linus the cat HAD to go outside, and HAD to wake me up. I've already set my alarm for 6:30 for the morning run. I was motivated, I was psyched. If it was light, or I had the gumption I would have laced up, and ran right at that very moment. but it wasn't light. So i thought about it, planned to wake up at 6:30, said it over and over in my head. I WANT TO RUN. I want to make time to run. I want to make running a priority. I don't want to feel guilty for time I take to go running. But with all the work that needs to be done on the house, and my job taking a lot of time, I've been not listening to that voice. but it was 4:15 (by now) and I WAS GOING TO GO RUNNING at 6:30.

I finally fell back to sleep, and woke up at 7:00. FURIOUS with myself. I had to be at work at 7:30, and couldn't run.

As I was lying there thinking about everything in the world, but mostly running, or lack there of, lots of plans came into my head. I could run every other day for 3 miles, and increase on the weekends, and get my mileage base up to x, and then.... Or I can go running in 2 and a half hours, and then go at lunch to buy the goggles, and go swimming tomorrow night, and build up this, and do that race...

ENOUGH.

enough with the plans. Day by Day. Run today. think about today. Tomorrow i'll think about tomorrow.
right?
no day but today.

house: yup. big holes in the ground, lots of K shoveling, a backhoe in my parking space

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home