Neighbor of Gold



"I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you." - Mr. Rogers.
using it- when you have the best neighbor in the world, and need to advertise the fact.
the story behind:
Today's pictures are of the jacking up the house process. See that big red truck - yup, that's from my neighbor. See the 37 foot steel beams- my neighbor found them, got some guy to let us borrow them, found a BIG truck to move them, and then spent all day saturday helping us jack up the house. He also plows my driveway. Oh, and the school bus we live in - yup. From my neighbor. Oh, and my "new" car.. from a guy my neighbor knows. And the other picture of the back hoe- yup. my neighbor makes a phone call or 2, and then big machines appear on my lawn. It's quite wonderful really.
I'm going to be a really great neighbor some day.
House: Yup, it's in the air, doesn't have a foundation, and the hole for the addition is almost done. All in THREE DAYS. no wonder K is exhausted. He's been working like crazy on the house from 8:00am - 10:00pm every day (except when he's not eating the most food EVER). Oh, and that red truck in the picture... yeah, it broke and the house fell down about 2 inches. It made a big thud.
Running: I got a pair of shorts in the mail for free.. a few months ago I emailed a magazine and said "hey, i'll test some stuff" (not RW!) and they said yes. they are pretty sweet shorts. The shoe store I was going to get my new kicks at went out of business, so I have to find some time this week to shop around. The lyme disease still hurts like heck when I jump, bounce, or shovel, so running is out for a few more days. so is swimming, as no one really wants to see a 4 inch black/blue circle on my leg. (or do they?)

1 Comments:
At 1:14 PM,
Anna said…
Yikes, Chandra! I feel like I start every comment with that phrase! I hope your bite gets better, obviously. It looks like you're making progress on the house. I do love how Maine neighbors really come out for each other. Keep up the good work! Any cool international travel in the works?
Post a Comment
<< Home