Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, September 25, 2006

A little road barely on the map

"How many acres, how much light
Tucked in the woods and out of sight
Talk to the neighbours and tip my cap
On a little road barely on the map" Mushaboom - Feist

using it- when your little road is far away. (as featured on wagon playin')

so we all know I live in a bus. i mean, i can hardly forget about, and it is an excellent topic of conversation. I've been living in close quarters with K on the bus since Mid July. and today is Sept 25 (or 26, depending on your time zone). so that's what... 2 months. not really that long. not long at all in the scheme of things. even shorter when you consider life as we know it (i took a tour of the evolving planet exhibition at the Field musuem today, so don't mind the strange brain threads). Anyways, i had a point.

Lsat night I slept at my mom's house. I slept in a house for the first time since mid july. I woke up to pee at 2:30 am and didn't put my shoes on for the first time since mid july. I woke up alone, without my smelly sweetie, in a house for the first time since mid july. it was strange.

I'm not a person who get's homesick. but tonight, in a pink starred hotel room in Chicago, far from the little road barely on the map, i'm bus sick.

of course, I got up at 4:00 am, and am still awake, so that could be the reason. or the 3 cups of green tea, the russian food I had for dinner, or the 900 miles i think i walked today in bad shoes.

i live on a little road. we don't have street lights (i don't think.. honestly not 100% sure on that), and now there is a neon "hotel" sign outside the window of my 8th floor room.

usually it doesn't shock me. usually i'm excited. and don't get me wrong, i'm excited, but ya know... bus sick.

so that's what i'm thinking about tonight.
oh, - tourist note- i enjoyed the field musuem, saw king tut, and had some yummy popcorn. a beautiful day to walk around and around (and around) chicago.

Happy Birthday Mommy! 49 years young baby.... and just think, you'll turn 50 before i turn 30 HA HA.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you mention you were coming to Atlanta? Let me take you out to dinner if you do!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I can definitively say there are no street lights on your road, hence my unintended visit to your friendly neighbor.

    Though of course since I'm being definitive, I'm probably wrong. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home