Confused about how as well
"If I lie here
If I just lie here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world? " - Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
using it- how romantic, i love this song, i don't care if the radio over plays it or if Grey's anatomy, and every tv show uses it, i love it. the very thought that K would ever say such things to me without me giving him a script warms me to the core.
it will never happen, that's why I love these lyrics. this one and that DMB "and i will feed your heart if you promise to feed mine" *swoon* - now back to reality:
(songs featured recently and upcoming are found on a new cd i made for my car "wagon playin'") - for a copy, please send SASE to me.
a funny story, an odd fact, a small victory and YET another excuse (but not in that order)
1. Excuse time: My camera usb cord is not working. That's why here are no pictures. but a fabulous coworker is bringing in her card reader tomorrow, so all should be right in the world soon (in case that was what was wrong with it!)
2. Funny story: We lowered the house (as shown in tomorrow's pictures) but it won't go all the way down. See, i've learned that if a house is not square, and is resting on a foundation that isn't square everything is ok. But then you lift the house up, and make the foundation square, shore up the house so it's square (or more so than it has been in the past 40 years) and it won't go down.
it's like Barbie. She's been wearing those heels for so long that she'll never be able to put on normal sneakers.
3. small victory: I ran 3 miles this morning - breaking in the new kicks. did i mention the new kicks. I think they might be a little big. i'm going to try bigger socks tomorrow and see how it goes. it was beautiful, wonderful, foggy, misty and EARLY. but it didn't suck, and I jogged strongly the entire time even on the hills! What's the difference between running and jogging?
4. seriously the house- it isn't down. the beams are out, and the cribbing is gone, and the house won't budge. K hung his van on it last night (with chains and a comealong)
5. one more sort of weird thing: K's parent's accountant now reads my blog. this very blog, he might read these lines. odd isn't it.
6. (can you tell i'm in planner mode) - I saw the other K (the first K)in my life -the female pink m*ther trucker- college roomie-all around fabulous friend this weekend. She was randomly in the neighborhood, and we got some grub. K (female) is the one who told me i should start dating male K. The oddest part of this story is that both K's could spell their names with "C" instead, and it would be the more "normal" way. yeah, K's not a kevin or a keith.
is that weird... this morning during the foggy run, i thought about what the blog world thinks K's name is. i know, without any sort of crack, this is where my brain went. i think it has something to do with the accountant. He know's K's name, so do his parents (did i really just type that?) and all my friends that read it (do you guys still read this?) but there's a whole lot (who's lying to themselves now!) of blog world that don't. odd.
If I just lie here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world? " - Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
using it- how romantic, i love this song, i don't care if the radio over plays it or if Grey's anatomy, and every tv show uses it, i love it. the very thought that K would ever say such things to me without me giving him a script warms me to the core.
it will never happen, that's why I love these lyrics. this one and that DMB "and i will feed your heart if you promise to feed mine" *swoon* - now back to reality:
(songs featured recently and upcoming are found on a new cd i made for my car "wagon playin'") - for a copy, please send SASE to me.
a funny story, an odd fact, a small victory and YET another excuse (but not in that order)
1. Excuse time: My camera usb cord is not working. That's why here are no pictures. but a fabulous coworker is bringing in her card reader tomorrow, so all should be right in the world soon (in case that was what was wrong with it!)
2. Funny story: We lowered the house (as shown in tomorrow's pictures) but it won't go all the way down. See, i've learned that if a house is not square, and is resting on a foundation that isn't square everything is ok. But then you lift the house up, and make the foundation square, shore up the house so it's square (or more so than it has been in the past 40 years) and it won't go down.
it's like Barbie. She's been wearing those heels for so long that she'll never be able to put on normal sneakers.
3. small victory: I ran 3 miles this morning - breaking in the new kicks. did i mention the new kicks. I think they might be a little big. i'm going to try bigger socks tomorrow and see how it goes. it was beautiful, wonderful, foggy, misty and EARLY. but it didn't suck, and I jogged strongly the entire time even on the hills! What's the difference between running and jogging?
4. seriously the house- it isn't down. the beams are out, and the cribbing is gone, and the house won't budge. K hung his van on it last night (with chains and a comealong)
5. one more sort of weird thing: K's parent's accountant now reads my blog. this very blog, he might read these lines. odd isn't it.
6. (can you tell i'm in planner mode) - I saw the other K (the first K)in my life -the female pink m*ther trucker- college roomie-all around fabulous friend this weekend. She was randomly in the neighborhood, and we got some grub. K (female) is the one who told me i should start dating male K. The oddest part of this story is that both K's could spell their names with "C" instead, and it would be the more "normal" way. yeah, K's not a kevin or a keith.
is that weird... this morning during the foggy run, i thought about what the blog world thinks K's name is. i know, without any sort of crack, this is where my brain went. i think it has something to do with the accountant. He know's K's name, so do his parents (did i really just type that?) and all my friends that read it (do you guys still read this?) but there's a whole lot (who's lying to themselves now!) of blog world that don't. odd.

4 Comments:
At 2:58 PM,
Molly said…
I know both Ks' names and I'm jealous that you got to see one of them this weekend. Do I win a prize?
At 4:55 PM,
Anonymous said…
It's a shame he doesn't say that to you. I say things like that all the time (not exactly that but deeply personal and romantic things.) It feels wonderful to play Casanova in the delivery, yet make the words your own.
I think K (I don't recall his name) is a fool. A man needs to honor his woman every day or she'll eventually look for someone who will. And if I were there, I'd take him aside and gently clue him in. He's probably like the rest of us guys: "mostly oblivious."
At 7:52 PM,
Anonymous said…
Normal shmormal. Who needs the letter C when you can have a K?!? And no, dear blogger, I do not forget you--your C could not be replaced by a K.
Bump your head on the bus for me, and say hello to the other K, regardless of his lack of romantic conversation.
(And yes, it is kind of weird that the family accountant reads the blog. That sort of eventuality is what has yet prevented me from actually publishing anything on my blog. But perhaps it's healthy to have no shame. ;)
At 10:19 AM,
Anonymous said…
"Do you guys still read this?"
Well, *I* do.
And being affectionate and open about your feelings is learned behavior for a lot of us. Especially guys, who work pretty heavily off nonverbal clues, tend to just assume that "I'm still here and I'm rebuilding a house for her, surely that says something." But it's still nice to hear, of course, so I do my best to be honest and let folks know how I feel about them when I appreciate them (not even getting into the romantic sense).
Post a Comment
<< Home