Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

relief

"my friends say i'm crazy, but I don't mind"
hey girl - OAR

so there is this tri, and i wanna do it.
but there was one part that was freakin the s**t out of me
when i read it, i thought it said 21 laps in 20 minutes
omg that's less than a minute per lap for TWENTY ONE
no f'n way my arms were going to do that
but every tuesday and thursday, i go the gym and I swim
more and more laps... trying to increase endurance
cut time, and generally have the most beautiful upper arms you
ever did see (all part of the strapless wedding dress plan)
but it was not looking good.

so today i went back to the website to read it again
it couldn't possibly be true

well, it wasn't. all this time, 21 laps in 20 minutes
yeah, i read it wrong.
it says 21 lengths - 525 yards
which is 10.5 laps
which is totally doable

huh.

I'm so excited! if I could lift my arms after today's workout,
I would woop a la arsenio hall.


today, somewhere around lap 15, i think i was missing some air to the brain
because all of a sudden, everything got smooth
i was moving my arms, breathing, kicking, and something clicked.
it was effortless, or i felt weightless, or i started hallucinating?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home