Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love came to town


"When love comes to town I'm gonna catch that train
When love comes to town I'm gonna catch that flame
Maybe I was wrong to ever let you down
But I did what I did before love came to town"

When love comes to town - U2 and BB King on Rattle and Hum

A day late, and a dollar short.

Happy Valentines day, Happy Birthday to my grandpa, who would have been 85 today. *waves up at the sky* My grandpa's name was Eugene, or Gene, and every time my mom or I are particulary smart, we blame it on the "genes" because grandpa was very smart.

So K and I don't really celebrate love coming to town, we had a nice dinner. That was it.

I had a cholesterol fasting test this morning! What a great way to start the day. Hopefully it's under 200. I have high cholesterol. I blame my mom, and she blames her mother.

I went to the gym yesterday, even though i felt like crap. I thought i'd sweat it out, and then feel great. It didn't work. after 5 (easy) minutes on the ellipitcal, my heart rate was 170, and I was crazy tired. I gave up after 20 minutes, stretched (by this I mean: lied down on mat, and closed eyes) and then was naseaus the rest of the night.
I feel better today, and i'm drinking lots of water to make up for the blood letting.

Have you read the "Cell" - new book by Stephen King? that's what I'd rather be doing than work today.

and a happy birthday to Jess whose birthday is either today or tomorrow. (sorry jess, I always confuse it with Debika's whose b-day was the other option)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Grouchy said…

    It's today! Thank you! (I always am reminded of Debika on my birthday because hers is the next day...

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…

    Ah yes, I've always wished I would inherit money from my family. Instead its high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, diabetis and of course high cholesterol. Such is life,eh...lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home