Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A Screen Door


"Tonight I went running through the screen door of disgression" - Dar Williams - Iowa

Using it- duh, when you run through the screen door of disgression. or you say something that you think is profound. Or perhaps when you do something so out of character that it felt like a screen door of disgression.

Can you tell that I love this lyric? This one goes out to Lauren, for the many music artists she brought to my attention including the amazing Dar Williams. She shares an enjoyment of this lyric. and I thank her for all the random songs (including the one itunes is currently playing - George Michael's version of Somebody to Love)

Anyways, back to the point that I haven't made yet. oh, damn, what was it... let's see, screen door of disgression... oh!

I got another haircut. You might remember reading about the haircut that wasn't actually a haircut that included highlights that actually made my hair darker. Yeah, so I didn't go back there. I went to a different place, and it was good.

Yup. You heard it hear first, I like this haircut. I stepped towards the screen door here, and used this phrase "could we go a bit shorter" *gasp* it worked out well, and all the guys at work noticed, and said nice things. not that they would say "wow, that's a really s***ty hair cut" but you take it where you can get it...

Shall we take bets on if K notices? Speaking of which, I'm playing poker on Friday! I've never played, but it sounds fun, and it's some of the coworkers (who are a jolly bunch) and it should be enjoyable.

I'm going to the gym tonight. I was going to go to midweek S&M but I think i'm going to try the Arc Trainer. I much prefer doing the lunges by myself. And i heard a rumor that the arc trainer is a pretty intense workout.

Today's random question: how come, since I live in maine, and it's February, is there NO SNOW on the ground? I want to go skiing, and sledding, and live up to the stereotype of the "maine winter". WTF?


every day in the "corral" of desks, we have a conversation about cheese its.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home