Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A sweet sweet song

"This is a sweet song, a sweet sweet song" Dave Matthews says this on the Live at Luther College CD before Crash.

using it: when describing something sweet!

I'm in pain today. that good kind of pain that means that I ran yesterday, and lifted weights. It hurts when I laugh. I love that. it means my abs aren't just collecting the bacon fat, but are actually trying to shine through. and it means that I am trying to help them. It's a sweet sweet pain.

So i was on the treadmill yesterday for a 30 minute run. I set the speed at about 5.5 mph and cranked up the music. and it was good. and then this girl got on the treadmill next to me. she was young - like highschool young. and she held her finger on the "increase speed" button for a really long time. so I did that "casual sideways glance" to determine her speed. it said 8.0 mph. EIGHT. i'm not a competative person, but last night, I became one. I was running next to her, and it looked like I was walking. Hell no I said to myself, and cranked up the speed to 7.0 (because, really, i'm older and have taken 2 weeks off of running, and there were niggles in my hammy) and did a sideways glance, to see if she noticed that I was indeed bringin' it. needless to say, she didn't notice me.
I worked too hard, and she only for 15 minutes. granted it was at 8.0, but i was in it for the "long haul" because you can't use a cardio machine for longer than 30 minutes at peak times. So as soon as she left, i slowed down to 6.3 and finished the rest of my time.

I'd now like to talk about leg hair. I have it, you have it, mammals, for the most part, have hair on their bodies.

I have leg hair, but you can't really see it. so i don't shave my legs

*pauses while you look in horror*

I know, you've been reading my blog, assuming all along that I shaved my legs. well I don't. haven't in some time really. I wear shorts in the gym in winter with hairy legs.

but you can't see the hair, so no one knows. it's like this great little secret that I have between me and the treadmill next to me. but last night, when it was stale gym air, and I was on the middle treadmill, i could feel the leg hair flowing in the breeze created by my legs. it was kind of weird. I'm thinking about shaving.

i ate too many M&m's yesterday, and i still feel guilty.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said…

    LOL! I thought I was the only one that looked at my neighbor's treadmill to see what they were running at. Competitive I guess.

    I have hair on my legs too. I ain't shavin' it. :)

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger J'Og said…

    this is the most awesome post i've read in ages. leg hair = blogging genius.

    i, too, love the ab pain when laughing after lifting. and the tough run pain in the muscles. super, super glad that you're feeling both today!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger jeanne said…

    jon, you crack me up!

    if i ever got on a treadmill, which requires putting a gun to my head, i'm sure i'd be looking at my neighbor's pace, too.

    and i've got my secrets, too, people.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home