Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Instant Karma


"Instant karmas gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together" - Instant Karma - John Lennon

using it- when Karma happens

Friday I went to the bank drive thru-ATM, and in the machine was an ATM card. I took it out, did my banking, and threw the car into reverse, and drove into the next lane - the one with a teller. a few minutes later, I gave the ATM card to the bank teller, he said "do you need to do any banking" I replied, no, just returning this card. The found ATM card had no signature on it, and could have very easily been used by bad people to buy expensive things. BE CAREFUL- TAKE YOUR CARD!

Saturday I took some pictures with my nikon coolpix of the house, and then put the camera, in its padded case, on the top of my car. About 30 minutes later I went to my favorite shoe store, as they were having a $20 on everything sale (JOY!)
(you see where this is going?)
I got a fabulous pair of orange leather velcro shoes (they are nicer than they sound) for $20, and drove home - about 10 miles, mostly on back roads

about 5 minutes after getting home, i had the "Oh shit" where's my camera moment. Yup. I drove to the shoe store with the camera on my roof rack.

I then ran around, looking for it. NOTHING. I got in my car, and traced the route, gave my number to the shoe store people, in case it fell off in the parking lot, and drove home.
I spent about another 30 minutes looking, and then went back to work.
I accepted the loss, and planned to buy a new one this week, as I'm going to San Francisco next week, and plan on taking LOTS of pictures.
This morning 2 of the most wonderful people in the whole world, and their trusty sidekick a white lab, brought my camera back to me.

Apparently they looked at the pics on the camera, determined that it was owned by someone doing construction, and lived locally. They then walked around the neighborhood to the 3 houses currently covered in Typar/Tyvek, and found me!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Instant karma.... yeah!

Happy thanksgiving!
now for the running and the house updates
1. Running- got my orthotics, started wearing them, they hurt like heck, and are causing me blisters. no running on them yet.
2. House- we have THREE DOORS and insulation, and rough plumbing and rough electrical. K says 3 more weeks, I refuse to have hope. This picture is our chimney - it will never be this clean again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home