downhearted
"I've been downhearted baby, ever since the day you left" - um... some band.... "standing outside a broken phonebooth with a quarter in my hand" or something like that, perhaps mentioning a zebra?... *looks towards Brian (a friend in highschool) whom I lost touch with* he knows this song, and knows what I'm talking about, and if I'd spoken to him in the last 8 years, he would totally read my blog. and tell me the name of the song.. so i wouldnt feel guilty about not googling
using it- sorry, i got nothing. I'm starting a post at 1:30 in the morning, and this is the lyric that came to my head... but um.. when talking about being upset.. since the day you left..??
seriously, I just finished this book called "the time travelers wife" did you read it? cause you totally should, and this lyric would fit in great with that book.
so anyways,
I'm posting from Alexandria Virginia, a town with an identity crisis. It seems to think that it is in the Metro DC area, but really it is it's own state. PEOPLE YOU LIVE IN VIRGINIA, NOT IN DC, WTF
today i'm feeling very literary. Not sure if it is NANOWRIMO or the books I've been reading recently, but I have urges to start novels. bad novels, short novels, short stories, books that only get to the 2nd page. great opening lines... I've been writing a lot recently, having nothing to do with running *SHOCK*. but i've been running like it's my job.
odd. i think the freedom in one leads to the freedom in the other. dude
3 virginia miles yesterday morning. tick that one off the list. they were GROSS. I normally run on an empty maine road, and yesterday I ran on a busy traffic filled Alexandria street. EXHAUST. couldnt breathe right. YUCK.
so today I salute the people that run in cities, with smog, exhaust and traffic lights. You are my heros. I would need an oxygen mask. UGH.
I skipped the long run this weekend. Logistically it wouldn't have worked. If I ran the scheduled 6 in Maine, I would have not been able to run the virginia 3 the next day, and as it is a competition, the virginia 3 were more important. See?
anyways, 3-4 more on thursday at some point, depending on when I land wednesday night in portland.
on a running note- I've been enjoying it. keeping to a schedule, getting in the miles... but I don't beat myself up when I miss some. life happens, and running is my time, but sometimes it's too busy to get in a run, sometimes the suitcase is too full. but i know that running won't abandon me, it will wait patientely, and will feel good, great, freeing when I can fit it in.
it's all good.
that being said, I'm starting to look for a sprint tri in spring!
read the book.... it's good, or let me know if you read it.
oh, and a comment to commenters.... if you are going to post at a previous entry, post at the most current one instead, cuz i don't go back and check for new posts at old entries.
check check...
using it- sorry, i got nothing. I'm starting a post at 1:30 in the morning, and this is the lyric that came to my head... but um.. when talking about being upset.. since the day you left..??
seriously, I just finished this book called "the time travelers wife" did you read it? cause you totally should, and this lyric would fit in great with that book.
so anyways,
I'm posting from Alexandria Virginia, a town with an identity crisis. It seems to think that it is in the Metro DC area, but really it is it's own state. PEOPLE YOU LIVE IN VIRGINIA, NOT IN DC, WTF
today i'm feeling very literary. Not sure if it is NANOWRIMO or the books I've been reading recently, but I have urges to start novels. bad novels, short novels, short stories, books that only get to the 2nd page. great opening lines... I've been writing a lot recently, having nothing to do with running *SHOCK*. but i've been running like it's my job.
odd. i think the freedom in one leads to the freedom in the other. dude
3 virginia miles yesterday morning. tick that one off the list. they were GROSS. I normally run on an empty maine road, and yesterday I ran on a busy traffic filled Alexandria street. EXHAUST. couldnt breathe right. YUCK.
so today I salute the people that run in cities, with smog, exhaust and traffic lights. You are my heros. I would need an oxygen mask. UGH.
I skipped the long run this weekend. Logistically it wouldn't have worked. If I ran the scheduled 6 in Maine, I would have not been able to run the virginia 3 the next day, and as it is a competition, the virginia 3 were more important. See?
anyways, 3-4 more on thursday at some point, depending on when I land wednesday night in portland.
on a running note- I've been enjoying it. keeping to a schedule, getting in the miles... but I don't beat myself up when I miss some. life happens, and running is my time, but sometimes it's too busy to get in a run, sometimes the suitcase is too full. but i know that running won't abandon me, it will wait patientely, and will feel good, great, freeing when I can fit it in.
it's all good.
that being said, I'm starting to look for a sprint tri in spring!
read the book.... it's good, or let me know if you read it.
oh, and a comment to commenters.... if you are going to post at a previous entry, post at the most current one instead, cuz i don't go back and check for new posts at old entries.
check check...

1 Comments:
At 6:50 PM,
Anonymous said…
I liked "The Time Traveler's Wife!" And I know that song, but also cannot remember its name or who sang it.
--Jess
Post a Comment
<< Home