Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Run Virginia Run

"If you know how to run, Sweet Virginia, then Run" - Sweet Virginia- Gomez

using it- um duh. when telling virgina to run. ok, or maybe when your boss lets you borrow a CD and it gets stuck in your head. or when trying to convince yourself to go for a run.

this post will be about my foot. too much information about my foot, it's lack of working, and the reasons I think my foot is against me.

Many years ago, when I was flirting with K, and we were friends, we had a little race. A race down some stairs named the red whore. The college I went had a set of staircase with a name, so some of my roomies decided that someother stairs needed names. I take no naming credit. Anywho. K and I were racing. He was winning (no shock there) and in an effort to beat him, I took a flying leap. Literally, I just jumped down as many stairs as I could, at the same time. Needless to say, this did not go well. A friend of ours (Shane- you still in Poland?) took pictures as K crouched down, and carried me most of the way back to a dorm room. Instead of icing and other important things like going to hospital, we put a cold Killians Irish Red on it, and proceeded to listen to the grateful dead and phish, and pursue our education and flirting rituals.

Long story short - the above incident messed up my foot wicked bad. like aircast, bone stimulator, crutches.

It's my navicular bone. And, as I learned from Dr. Orthopod on Thursday it was the beginning of the end. So It turns out that my navicular bone, pissed at the outcome of the race grew some extra bone. or maybe it just moved around or something. The result is that it is stretching out the ligaments that go over my foot, under my foot, and make my foot have an arch.

my arch is falling...quickly. i have to get fitted for orthotics on Tuesday, and wear them everyday for the next 4 months. then Dr. Orthopod is going to decide if I need FOOT SURGERY.

so no running until I get the fitted orthotics in my shoes. in the mean time i'm just going to work alot and gain weight. I'm traveling most weekdays until thanksgiving. I might cheat and run in Scottsdale - I don't have arizona yet!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Ellen Clair Lamb said…

    Chandra, can you send me an e-mail when you get a chance? I have a question... thanks!

    Ellen

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn the Red Whore!

    That was the one from the suites down to the road above Ade/Miller, wasn't it? I never fell down that one, but I did slide all the way down the one above, from the upper suites to the lower suites.


    Sadly, there was no flirting involved.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home