So this post was going to be about how I ran 6.2 miles on Saturday. Yup. I was going to run 3 miles, then I was going to run 5. Then I decided I just run around the block. But as it turns out my block (measured after the fact) is 6.2 miles. So that’s what I ran.
And I didn’t die. I didn’t win any land speed records, but I didn’t die.
I’m going to go the opposite way next time – less hills. OUCH
But then it turns out that I know lots of people who are “with child” and I congratulate them all – seriously. I’m happy for you all. I’m just freaked out. You’re my age, and I’m can’t feed myself three square meals a day, never mind someone else, who can’t even support their head.
So props to you all, no names mentioned, I wish you the best of luck, and Aunty Chandra is ready to hug your newborn, but what will we have in common anymore? You’ll have a child, and I’ll have some tequila. You’ll find a babysitter, and I’ll go to China for two weeks. You’ll save for a stroller, minivan, crib, college and I’ll buy those new shoes. Someday I might be ready, or more ready than I am now. I hope you’ll support me then, just like I will support you now. Give me a call, I can learn how to breathe properly. I’ll drive you to the hospital if you promise not to have your water break in my car. I’ll babysit once the croup is over. I’ll understand that you might not be able to talk about anything but babies. But I’m going to be freaked out for just a while longer.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home