Mario v Luigi

"I'm calling can you hear me
The angels will steer me
To your door, feel so sure
The nite is the brightest
Who knows what I really will hear
What I really will say
What I really will feel" - Calling - Leona Naess - from the Prince and Me soundtrack
using it- this song is almost always caught in my head. not my favorite, but it's right up there with the other one- i can't tell you the name because it will get stuck but the boo radleys sang it in So i married an axe murderer - there she goes... damnit. now it's stuck.
Anyways, We had lots of snow on Friday night and into Saturday morning so I was housebound. literaly. K wouldn't let me leave the house. it might have something to do with the bolt in my tire, or the uninspectedness of my not snow safe chick magnet ford escort wagon, but i digress.
So there I was, already finished with the newest James Patterson, and no cable. So i went upstairs and dug out my old sega genesis. and I played cool spot - the best. game. ever. created for sega (IMHO). and, for the first time, I beat it. I was a video game rockstar.
K came home, and he played Sonic for a while. but didn't beat it. (HA!)
Sunday night, we went to his parents house to drag out his old nintendo - (ebay calls it vintage!) and we played super mario brothers for like 3 hours. It as awesome. the kind of awesome usually only reserved for my 12 year old self. K was Mario and I was Luigi. I always like mario better. there's something about the green of luigi i just don't dig. not sure why, but i would always choose mario instead of luigi (aside from the added benefit of control of the pause button).
so that was my weekend. books, sega and nintendo. it was wonderful and boring all at the same time. especially since i missed out on St. Patty's day. I'm looking to celebrate it again this week.
I lost 2 pounds last week, and am doing my best to not gain it back! wish my luck. the gym is on deck for tonight, but I fear getting sucked into the pile that is my inbox.

1 Comments:
At 7:00 AM,
Jank said…
The oldest boy is finally getting into Mario on Gameboy - I think a wii will be in the future, for the cheap downloads of NES games. I was a moron and donated mine to Goodwill...
Post a Comment
<< Home