my swim today was both absolutely terrible, and fantastically wonderful.
i felt like crap, and I've been eating like crap, and you know, those problems
that happen because i'm a woman anyway, it was a whole lot of suck.
but due to the eating like crap thing, I was trying to actually get in some training today, so i
forced myself to go - in the snow.
and i trudged, and i changed, and i got into the pool (heated? i don't freakin' believe it) and i started to swim
and i kept on swimming. no need to stop to breathe, just 25 yards, turn, 25 yards turn
for 11 laps.
now, it doesn't look that impressive on the screen, but this was some major improvement since i started this
swimming at lunch thing a few weeks ago.
the tri is 10.5 laps, and i have to do it in 20 minutes.
today's time for 11 laps
LESS THAN TWENTY.
how much less than 20?
SIX MINUTES
i know-- that's a lot.
and here's the exciting part:
i think i can go faster.
cuz after the 11 laps in 14 minutes, i swam another 10
just because i had a little more time before I had to be back at work
21 laps. with only 2 breathing breaks!
Rockstar that I am.
game on.
i felt like crap, and I've been eating like crap, and you know, those problems
that happen because i'm a woman anyway, it was a whole lot of suck.
but due to the eating like crap thing, I was trying to actually get in some training today, so i
forced myself to go - in the snow.
and i trudged, and i changed, and i got into the pool (heated? i don't freakin' believe it) and i started to swim
and i kept on swimming. no need to stop to breathe, just 25 yards, turn, 25 yards turn
for 11 laps.
now, it doesn't look that impressive on the screen, but this was some major improvement since i started this
swimming at lunch thing a few weeks ago.
the tri is 10.5 laps, and i have to do it in 20 minutes.
today's time for 11 laps
LESS THAN TWENTY.
how much less than 20?
SIX MINUTES
i know-- that's a lot.
and here's the exciting part:
i think i can go faster.
cuz after the 11 laps in 14 minutes, i swam another 10
just because i had a little more time before I had to be back at work
21 laps. with only 2 breathing breaks!
Rockstar that I am.
game on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home