Bananas against Abs
"I'm going to stand guard like a postcard of a golden retriever" Paul Simon - Father and Daughter - I have no idea if this was in a movie soundtrack or where it was released.
using it- to show your dedication
This lyric always makes me smile, and today I'm using it because it's from a song called "Father and Daughter" and my dad's coming to visit this weekend. Well, in a few hours really.
I have set up the physical therapy appointment, it took far to long to deal with the damn insurance companies. But the first appt will be Monday. In the mean time, I'm continuing the strength work and seriously thinking about doing some situps.
I'd really love to be the person that does 150 sit ups every other day, and sometimes, for about a week, I am that person. People envy my dedication, marvel at my committment to a firmer me, and point and whisper to their children. And then I forget one day, or don't have the time, or have banana pain (odd pain occuring the day I eat a banana), and I don't start back up again. I think evil banana forces are at work here, trying to keep the amount of people with 6 pack abs to a manageable number. How else would they sell all those magazines with trim sexy well defined tummies on them?
Didn't think of that, did you?
Today's random running question- Are you dedicated to a specific shoe brand and why?
using it- to show your dedication
This lyric always makes me smile, and today I'm using it because it's from a song called "Father and Daughter" and my dad's coming to visit this weekend. Well, in a few hours really.
I have set up the physical therapy appointment, it took far to long to deal with the damn insurance companies. But the first appt will be Monday. In the mean time, I'm continuing the strength work and seriously thinking about doing some situps.
I'd really love to be the person that does 150 sit ups every other day, and sometimes, for about a week, I am that person. People envy my dedication, marvel at my committment to a firmer me, and point and whisper to their children. And then I forget one day, or don't have the time, or have banana pain (odd pain occuring the day I eat a banana), and I don't start back up again. I think evil banana forces are at work here, trying to keep the amount of people with 6 pack abs to a manageable number. How else would they sell all those magazines with trim sexy well defined tummies on them?
Didn't think of that, did you?
Today's random running question- Are you dedicated to a specific shoe brand and why?

2 Comments:
At 10:35 AM,
Sarah said…
Well...I wouldn't really know as I've only purchased two pairs of running shoes in my short running career. However, they both happen to be New Balance...so maybe on a subconcious level I do?? I didn't go into the store thinking "I must have have New Balance."
At 1:10 PM,
Anonymous said…
No. Buy what fits and feels good.
Post a Comment
<< Home