Picnic Spirit
"I just lost all my picnic spirit"- Bob Dylan, Talking Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre from The Bootleg Series, Disc 1 released 1962
using it- to indicate a bad mood.
I love Bob Dylan, and have seen him perform twice, and was able to help run a concert of his at the University of Rhode Island. And the Bootleg Series is a great cd set.
Sometime between 3:00 and 4:00 this morning, something in my walls started to move. Now, if you are keeping track, K is still on an icefield in British Columbia (Jasper National Park). I woke up immediately, and became concerned. Linus the Cat went to investigate. The 3 room apartment that K and I shared for almost 3 years had a family of squirells living in the walls. This noise was different. They might have been racoons, or Fang from Harry Potter, or a zombie. I was afraid. Linus was afraid. We talked it over (did I mention that K has been gone for only a week, and already I am holding deep discussions with a 1 year old pink nosed cat) and decided that we should leave the upstairs ASAP. I gathered my pillow and blanket, and Linus's blanket. He sniffed at the wall, just in case. Then he did a loop under the bed, licked his right front paw, and then we headed downstairs.
At this point, the toothache reared it's ugly head. Disclosure time- I don't have any cavities, never had a filling, no history of dental problems or pain. Until last week. I went to investigate what sort of knife I must have accidently landed on, and pierced my gums. That's when I saw it. The biggest spider in Chandra's Universe. IT WAS HUGE, and IT WAS ON MY TOWEL.
I didn't kill it, I was afraid it would fight back.
Indiana Jones is to Snakes as Chandra is to Spiders.
I slept with the light on, downstairs, hiding from the zombies in the walls, and the spider in the bathroom.
I have to go do something that will remind me that I am an adult.
Today's random question- when you are alone in your house/apartment/living space, and use the bathroom do you close the door?
using it- to indicate a bad mood.
I love Bob Dylan, and have seen him perform twice, and was able to help run a concert of his at the University of Rhode Island. And the Bootleg Series is a great cd set.
Sometime between 3:00 and 4:00 this morning, something in my walls started to move. Now, if you are keeping track, K is still on an icefield in British Columbia (Jasper National Park). I woke up immediately, and became concerned. Linus the Cat went to investigate. The 3 room apartment that K and I shared for almost 3 years had a family of squirells living in the walls. This noise was different. They might have been racoons, or Fang from Harry Potter, or a zombie. I was afraid. Linus was afraid. We talked it over (did I mention that K has been gone for only a week, and already I am holding deep discussions with a 1 year old pink nosed cat) and decided that we should leave the upstairs ASAP. I gathered my pillow and blanket, and Linus's blanket. He sniffed at the wall, just in case. Then he did a loop under the bed, licked his right front paw, and then we headed downstairs.
At this point, the toothache reared it's ugly head. Disclosure time- I don't have any cavities, never had a filling, no history of dental problems or pain. Until last week. I went to investigate what sort of knife I must have accidently landed on, and pierced my gums. That's when I saw it. The biggest spider in Chandra's Universe. IT WAS HUGE, and IT WAS ON MY TOWEL.
I didn't kill it, I was afraid it would fight back.
Indiana Jones is to Snakes as Chandra is to Spiders.
I slept with the light on, downstairs, hiding from the zombies in the walls, and the spider in the bathroom.
I have to go do something that will remind me that I am an adult.
Today's random question- when you are alone in your house/apartment/living space, and use the bathroom do you close the door?

5 Comments:
At 11:15 AM,
Molly said…
I am always alone and never shut the door, how else can I still watch TV? I also have deep converstaions with inantimate objects, as they are the only things around. Now that I am housesitting 2 kitties, I talk to them and continue to leave the door open, however, I can not see the TV. Therefore the design of the house is flawed.
At 3:02 PM,
Sarah said…
SCARY! How much longer must you be alone with the "creatures in the wall?"
On a completely unrelated note, I keep meaning to mention that I *loved* Ender's Game, too!
Anyhoo...maybe you should sleep with a bat by the bed, just in case?!
At 3:29 PM,
HouseRunner said…
I do have an axe handle under the seat in my car (a gift from K). Maybe I'll move that to the inside. I always shut the bathroom door. Alone, with people, at a party. The only time I ever used the bathroom where anyone could see me was at Alex's :)
At 3:37 PM,
Anonymous said…
Rarely do I shut the door. With or without guests. ...I guess it depends on the guest. (I'll shut the door if Grandma's around)
At 10:40 AM,
Molly said…
I got kissed on the can at Alex's.
Post a Comment
<< Home