Chapel of Pool Running
"We'll love until the end of time, and we'll never be lonely anymore" - Chapel of Love by lots of people. (I'm thinking of the Bette Midler Version from the "Greatest Hits- Experience the Devine", which I own)
using it: to begin the wedding season
No, I'm not getting married. That won't happen until the day after hell freezes over. But 2 friends from Highschool (Yay Suk and Mike!) are (not to eachother). And two of K's friend's from highschool are getting married (to eachother). It seems every year there are more weddings. It used to be a whole lot of people older than me, and now it's a whole lot of people the same age or younger than me. So a huge shout out and Congratulations and whatnot to Suk and Jim, Phoebe and Erik, for their impending nuptuals and Congrats to Mike and Cindy for their recent engagment- may you always pull eachother up hills (or was it down?)
I would now like to talk about pool running. Finding myself in a pool last night, I thought, hey. Alison's always talking about pool running on her blog so i thought i'd try it. I learned one thing- I have no idea what pool running is. Are you supposed to be able to reach the ground, and run down the lane, or is it kind of like treading water?
Think of me tonight around 6:00, when I will arrive home, and hopefully find no ants.
using it: to begin the wedding season
No, I'm not getting married. That won't happen until the day after hell freezes over. But 2 friends from Highschool (Yay Suk and Mike!) are (not to eachother). And two of K's friend's from highschool are getting married (to eachother). It seems every year there are more weddings. It used to be a whole lot of people older than me, and now it's a whole lot of people the same age or younger than me. So a huge shout out and Congratulations and whatnot to Suk and Jim, Phoebe and Erik, for their impending nuptuals and Congrats to Mike and Cindy for their recent engagment- may you always pull eachother up hills (or was it down?)
I would now like to talk about pool running. Finding myself in a pool last night, I thought, hey. Alison's always talking about pool running on her blog so i thought i'd try it. I learned one thing- I have no idea what pool running is. Are you supposed to be able to reach the ground, and run down the lane, or is it kind of like treading water?
Think of me tonight around 6:00, when I will arrive home, and hopefully find no ants.

2 Comments:
At 8:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
I've seen people pool run in the shallow end, but most runners do it in the deep end. It's hard for me to describe, but it's kind of like treading water, but you do move forward very slowly, so generally you would do laps. I don't really do a running motion, I would say it's closer to a bicycling motion (with my legs), but my arms move similarly to the way they do when I run (though I think I hold them out away from my body a little more). Some people like to use a vest or belt to help them float, so they can concentrate on their form, but I like to go without.
I imagine that if you googled pool running, you might be able to get a little more information or some pointers... Good luck!
At 8:17 AM,
Sarah said…
Hmmm...pool running. I was thinking this may have to be my substitute when I visit my parents at their cabin on a lake later this summer. There aren't any safe roads to run on, so I imagined myself "lake running" instead :-) Keep us updated because I'll need some pointers, I think!
Post a Comment
<< Home