Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Urge.

"Ba Ba Ba Ba, Ba Ba Ba Ba Baa Ba, Take a chance on me" - Abba - Take a Chance on me

using it: to get an Abba song stuck in someone's head, or encouraging risk taking.


Today I have an urge. An urge to lace up my new balance sneakers, and take to the streets. I would have to wear a tank top because it's so warm outside. I would run with my hair down to feel the breeze, and without any music to hear the birds and the crickets. I would run my old route, down the street, over the railroad tracks, turn around at the 4th fire hydrant, run past my old apartment, down to the park, by the royal river, up the hill on bridge street, and back home (ok, to my car because i moved). I would smile at the neighborhood kids as they marveled at the green grass, and idly counted down the days until vacation. I would not be afraid of that evil dog by the yellow house. I would laugh to myself as I saw the house where just 1 year ago, they had "It's a boy" balloons out. I would well hydrated, full of energy, with no injury or pain. I would have the perfect run, because it's the perfect spring day, and then all would be right, with the world, with my ankle, and with Maine, the way life should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home