And the band played on
"And the band played on
As the helicopters whirred
Drunk on the lawn in a nuclear dawn
My senses finally blurred" - And the Band Played on- Moxy Fruvous- Bargainville
Using to: bands play on man, even when you're not there.
This entry is a little longer than I intended, but I had lot to say!
I was watching "Growing Pains" once (with Kirk Cameron!) and he was home sick watching Gilligans Island. He had this moment when he turned off the TV, and then turned it back on, and the show was still on, but it wasn't in the same place. you know, like when you hit pause! He was astounded that life went on when he wasn't watching. Who knew that years later I would remember this moment of television, but it's so true. When you're a kid you think that the world doesn't exist outside your circle (which is why peek a boo is really a horrifying game). But as you mature, you realize that you are just a little cog.
Not that I'm saying the the world doesn't exist outside my circle, but it is hard to imagine that Monday, or 2 months from Monday, when I'm no longer at this job (TODAY IS MY LAST DAY!!) that it will still go on, perfectly fine without me. Well, not hard to imagine. Perhaps just a little ego deflating.
My hair was successfully fixed, and highlights abound! I'm quite pleased with it, even though I was incredibly afraid to tell the hairstylist that I didn't think she did a good job.
I think my plantar fascist is healed!! WOO HOOO there is no more pain when I get out of bed in the morning, and when I was on the elliptical a few days ago, it was smooth sailing. Now if only the plantar wart on the other foot would go away, we'd be back in business. We might already be, though, thanks to Dr. Scholls, and some "corn donuts". So I'm going to plan a run this weekend. Just a short one, to check out what's going on with the "machine" that is my body. It's not so much a machine anymore, as a dumping ground for double chocolate milano cookies, and peanut butter pie, but: It will be a machine.
So in the spirit of (the ever inspiring) Wil, who is about to partake in the amaziness that will culminate in the Ironman Wisconsin, I too have a plan. See the pattern: New Job, New Hair, New Plan. (all i need now is a new car, c'mon powerball!) Here it is:
1. Build back up my muscle/strength/ base - running, yoga, elliptical, swimming, spinning- 3-4 times a week for no less than 30 minutes, but hopefully a full hour.
2. Remember that I have to drink water, because it's good for me, and it makes me feel good.
3. Eat more healthy snacks, and less double chocolate milano cookies, doritios, cake, ice cream. Replace those with almonds, soy yogurt, dry cereal and water.
4. Start each day with a healthy breakfast. (which will not include any of the following: sausage, bacon, an incredible amount of cheese)
5. Eat my bleeping veggies. I like them now, and I haven't been eating them, and I don't have a good excuse.
6. When at a work event/function/food place do not overindulge. I know, it tastes so good, and I never eat like this, blah blah blah. NO. I would like: Salad, rice, salmon, fruit salad for dessert, and some green tea with honey please and thank you.
7. Be less lazy when i get home from work. The couch is comfortable, and under the blanket is the only place to be warm, but the clothes are piling up, the mail is unopened. The dishwasher needs to be emptied. Knitting projects need to be finished, and the wood needs to be stacked.
8. Bring (AND USE) my workout clothes with me on business trips.
Blogging will be sporadic for a little while, as I'm on vacation next week!!! and then who knows about the computer access. I don't have a computer at home, so stay tuned as the running begins again, the traveling starts, and the new plan is enacted!
As the helicopters whirred
Drunk on the lawn in a nuclear dawn
My senses finally blurred" - And the Band Played on- Moxy Fruvous- Bargainville
Using to: bands play on man, even when you're not there.
This entry is a little longer than I intended, but I had lot to say!
I was watching "Growing Pains" once (with Kirk Cameron!) and he was home sick watching Gilligans Island. He had this moment when he turned off the TV, and then turned it back on, and the show was still on, but it wasn't in the same place. you know, like when you hit pause! He was astounded that life went on when he wasn't watching. Who knew that years later I would remember this moment of television, but it's so true. When you're a kid you think that the world doesn't exist outside your circle (which is why peek a boo is really a horrifying game). But as you mature, you realize that you are just a little cog.
Not that I'm saying the the world doesn't exist outside my circle, but it is hard to imagine that Monday, or 2 months from Monday, when I'm no longer at this job (TODAY IS MY LAST DAY!!) that it will still go on, perfectly fine without me. Well, not hard to imagine. Perhaps just a little ego deflating.
My hair was successfully fixed, and highlights abound! I'm quite pleased with it, even though I was incredibly afraid to tell the hairstylist that I didn't think she did a good job.
I think my plantar fascist is healed!! WOO HOOO there is no more pain when I get out of bed in the morning, and when I was on the elliptical a few days ago, it was smooth sailing. Now if only the plantar wart on the other foot would go away, we'd be back in business. We might already be, though, thanks to Dr. Scholls, and some "corn donuts". So I'm going to plan a run this weekend. Just a short one, to check out what's going on with the "machine" that is my body. It's not so much a machine anymore, as a dumping ground for double chocolate milano cookies, and peanut butter pie, but: It will be a machine.
So in the spirit of (the ever inspiring) Wil, who is about to partake in the amaziness that will culminate in the Ironman Wisconsin, I too have a plan. See the pattern: New Job, New Hair, New Plan. (all i need now is a new car, c'mon powerball!) Here it is:
1. Build back up my muscle/strength/ base - running, yoga, elliptical, swimming, spinning- 3-4 times a week for no less than 30 minutes, but hopefully a full hour.
2. Remember that I have to drink water, because it's good for me, and it makes me feel good.
3. Eat more healthy snacks, and less double chocolate milano cookies, doritios, cake, ice cream. Replace those with almonds, soy yogurt, dry cereal and water.
4. Start each day with a healthy breakfast. (which will not include any of the following: sausage, bacon, an incredible amount of cheese)
5. Eat my bleeping veggies. I like them now, and I haven't been eating them, and I don't have a good excuse.
6. When at a work event/function/food place do not overindulge. I know, it tastes so good, and I never eat like this, blah blah blah. NO. I would like: Salad, rice, salmon, fruit salad for dessert, and some green tea with honey please and thank you.
7. Be less lazy when i get home from work. The couch is comfortable, and under the blanket is the only place to be warm, but the clothes are piling up, the mail is unopened. The dishwasher needs to be emptied. Knitting projects need to be finished, and the wood needs to be stacked.
8. Bring (AND USE) my workout clothes with me on business trips.
Blogging will be sporadic for a little while, as I'm on vacation next week!!! and then who knows about the computer access. I don't have a computer at home, so stay tuned as the running begins again, the traveling starts, and the new plan is enacted!

6 Comments:
At 11:09 AM,
Grouchy said…
Congratulations again on the new job, enjoy your last day, enjoy your vacation!
And I know what you mean about life going on when you're not around. I always have trouble imagining people living in the old apartments I've lived in. I prefer to think that the apartments have ceased to exist.
At 5:04 PM,
Steffany said…
Woo-hoo! May this last day be memorable and sweet!
Thank you for mapping out your very smart, multipronged plan, too--I am definitely going to copy you on several of those items. Best of luck as you head out on vacation and simultaneously begin to rethink/retrain in the disciplines! It seems like you've such a great base going already that it shouldn't be too difficult at all. :)
At 10:15 PM,
KJ said…
I'm liking the list. I never knew you knit too!
At 6:36 PM,
brent said…
i like the plan! have a good vaca. sounds like you will be able to run soon, woohoo!
At 11:13 AM,
Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…
I can soooooooooo relate to #7. Lately I do the laundry and then in the spare bedroom I sort the clean stuff into piles so I can find what I need. It never gets folded or put away.
Thankfully hubby knows how to unload the dishwasher....lol.
Goodluck with you plan, new job and winning the PowerBall.
At 7:09 PM,
a.maria said…
omg. double milano cookies?! can we say YUM.
i've been totally over-indulging as well, i feel your pain. but...sounds like you're back on track for some fitness fun! enjoy your vacay, and enjoy the running!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home