Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fire, Fire, Fire on my plantar.

"Fire, Fire, Fire on the Mountain" - Grateful Dead "Fire on the Mountain" from many albums, my favorite version is on Live at Cornell. Check it out!

Using it- I replace the word fire with whatever I'm thinking about at the time. I've been known to use Grandma, dinner, cheese, and lovin'.

Plantar Facshcia. I have no idea how to spell it, but i've got it in both feet.

SUCK.

no running for a month, no elliptical. I'm allowed to bike or swim. neither of which I have access to. So now i'm researching a gym membership, and wallowing in not running, gaining weight, and rubbing my foot on a golf ball every day.

The orthopedic guy also said that my calves and hamstrings were so tight I should be stretching them 2 a day. I'm not even exercising at this point, so I have NO idea how they got so tight.

SUCK.

I'm having a party this weekend! C'mon by! (if you have my phone number or my address, you're invited!)

7 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said…

    Ok, that does indeed suck. The tendon along the arch, right? My ART doc is having me do the golf ball thing too, but no PF yet, just preventive.

    So sorry you've got this, and I hope things heal up quickly. No running = no fun.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger KJ said…

    Bummer, When I was pregnant I had that too and used a tennis bag for a whole lotta relief.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger brent said…

    thats a bummer. at least you know what it is but its still a bummer. hey i remember reading in runners w0rld that deena kastor got injured once and had to take a month or more off and she came back stronger than ever before...you will too, i know it!!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger a.maria said…

    PARTY AT YOUR PLACE!!!!!!!

    if i was anywhere near maine, i'd so be crashing that party ;) but alas. i am not. ah well...

    sorry to hear about your feetsies. you can rest up and come back stronger than ever though!!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Beanie said…

    Sorry to hear your feet. Any idea the cause? Running? Hehe. I mean, how will you help prevent it happening again?

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm on medical restriction for now, myself. That's one reason I'm reading running blogs early in the morning instead of... running. It's really bad for me, because I can't feel anything wrong.

    You should try getting into a studio cycling ("spin") class. I got some pretty good results in my first race after doing it for 3 months. It will definitely maintain your cardio fitness.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger jeanne said…

    Well that sucks. I had that like 8 years ago, and it was PAINFUL. (I knew nothing about running, had bad shoes and ran on the street. So it was all my fault. Not that I'm saying this is your fault! argggh!)

    But yeah, did he/she say what they thought caused it? Shoes w/o enough cushioning? Or training on too hard surfaces??

    Doesn't matter, it still sucks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home