Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, September 12, 2005

SIX DAYS

"Call my family, tell them I'm lost on the sidewalk" - Kamera- Wilco from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Using it- When you need directions, or are planning for emergency.

I ran 6.2 miles yesterday, perhaps. It might have been 7 miles, it might have been 6.5. Who knows. I ran for 70 minutes, down a street I've only ever biked on. It felt pretty good, once I got past the first sucky ten minutes (and the 20 minutes of finding motivation after working all weekend). This song came on after about 35 minutes, and I had no idea how fast i was going, and it started a train of thought that was something like this:

Well, what if I get lost on the sidewalk? What if something happens while I'm on this new street? What if I twist my ankle, or fall into that ditch? I guess I could go knock on that door, and explain, but that driveway is really long, and if I twist my ankle, will i be able to walk up it? what if i have to crawl up that long driveway, that wouldn't make a good impression, but then maybe they would realized that I am not a serial killer, trying to convince them to let me use their phone. maybe if I had to crawl they would just drive me home. unless of course they are the serial killers, and then my ankle will be twisted, and I won't be able to run away.

At this point, I decided that I would just flag down one of the cyclists, and give them directions to my house, K's name, and use the word "ouch" a lot.

Then I kept running.

the 10k IS IN SIX DAYS. OH. MY. GOD.
nervous much?

I was reading "brent"'s blog, and he mentioned that he was so glad he had his blog, because it let's him be a running freak, and talk about it all the time. I agree whole heartedly. I couldn't read any blogs this weekend (damn conference) and started talking about running to much to strangers. I'm sorry if you were one of them. (but if you were, and now you're reading my blog, I take back that apology since you obviously like hearing about it!)

5 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger KJ said…

    You'll do just fine :)

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger a.maria said…

    !!!! i'm with you and brent on that one. my friends all kinda groan a bit when i start the running talk.

    10K in six days huh?! thats exciting! you'll do awesome!!

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger brent said…

    heh :)

    that 10K is going to rule! can't wait to hear about it.

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger Jack said…

    Six days, me too! I can understand your nervousness, I have this biting at my heels too. You'll do just fine though, just don't let your knees knock too loud at the starting line ;-) Once you hear the starting shot you will know what to do and where to run, relax!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Best of luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home