Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, August 22, 2005

All In

"Ring around the rosey, a pocket full of posey, ashes ashes, they all fall down" - Perhaps called ring around the rosey?

Using it- when playing with children (must fall down at end) or wanting to sing a cheery song about the BUBONIC PLAGUE.

Nice kids song.

Ok. Time to stop the child's play. Time to smack my head around, read some inspirational quotes and blogs, and friggen run. I enjoy running. I dread it sometimes, but when i'm running, it's nice. I needed a hobby, and it was a front runner, so here i am. But I don't think I'm "all in".

I've been watching repeats of last season's Gilmore Girls (don't judge me, you watch bad tv too!) and Luke keeps telling Loralie that he's all in. And he is. You can tell. His eyes and actions scream "All In". And the more I think about it, the more I like the phrase. You have to be "All In" to stuff, because what the **** is the point if you're just going to do it half assed?

I don't think my actions have been screaming "All In". And damnit if that's not going to start today. 10 k is less than a month, 13.1 in 6 weeks. You races are mine. I'm kicking ass and taking names, so watch out. I'll be the slow one with the red face, but I'll be there, because I'm all in. I'm registering for that 13.1 tonight. So take that. thbpt (that's me sticking out my tongue at the races).

As a side note- am I the only one who's face turns bright red when I run? is it the irish in me?

8 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…

    Nope, not irish here and I am red as a beet within 5 minutes of starting even when the sun ain't shining.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Grouchy said…

    I love Gilmore Girls.

     
  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger Jack said…

    I'd like to be "All in" with my running, but I don't have enough time to commit to obtaining excellence. I have slowly but steadily improved my running and have to be content with that. From my wife's point of view I have exceeded "All in" and "Am way overboard" with my running. I guess it's just a matter how you look at it :-)

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger HouseRunner said…

    I think by "all in" i meant to actually follow my training schedule, and get out of bed in the morning, and feel awesome about running. As opposed to validating.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Molly said…

    Chandra, I wish that I felt "all in" about just about anything. Especially with the big change in my life. I wish that I has a sort of intrepidity...

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger KJ said…

    As you can see by my picture I have a perma tan so no red face for me - just a different shade of brown ;)

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger KJ said…

    PS I'm gonna run with the iPod :)

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm irish and red as a beet too. Sometimes it's that healthy glow, other times people look at me like I'm about to have a heart attack. Most long runs I look permanently sunburnt, which I usually am, another symptom of being irish

     

Post a Comment

<< Home