Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, August 01, 2005

You want me to do WHAT on water?

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" - U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday - appears on several albums in many versions, all are fabulous.

Using it- to complain, discuss or dismiss your sunday.

I have a sore throat. It hurts to swallow, it hurts to breathe, it hurts to be. It started Friday night. I lied down for most of Saturday- on a blanket under a tree, in a recliner, on a couch. I didn't do 40 minutes of cross training. I felt guilty about it but I felt more pitiful than guilty.

Sunday morning was a scheduled 5 miler. My throat still hurt, and it was time to celebrate August 1. (August 1 is to Swiss people as July 4 is to Americans). K's family is from Switzerland, so off we went to a party. It was a great party! There was lots of great food, swiss flags, balloons. I think the festive nature of the party is what inspired me to try water skiing. K is so great at it, he made it look easy (hint, he usually makes everything look easy). So I put the skis on, some swiss man named Tis (or something like that??) stabalized me, and off the boat went. and into the water face first I went. Repeat 8 times. My ankle started to hurt, the water in my nose was taking over, and I hadn't stood up yet. I was dragged somewhere into what felt like the middle of Belgrade Lake. So I declined the offer for a boat ride, and swam into the dock. It was decided with all the strange exercise of trying to waterski I went the equivalent of 3 miles. It may be true in the eyes of the swiss party attendees, but Hal ain't going to like it.

So I'm going to try the 5 today, as I have the day off, and it's not raining yet. Yes my throat still hurts, and I've developed pain in my leg and shoulder (from the swimming? or from holding onto a rope attached to a boat with a motor and a lead footed driver??) but i'm going for it!

Now, to find out how the races went this weekend!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Molly said…

    Was there any cheese there? Hope that you feel better. Nothing worse than being sick on a summer weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home