Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, July 18, 2005

HUNGRY

"Have a big dinner, have a light snack,if you don't like it, you can't send it back, just eat it, eat it, eat it" - Eat it- Weird Al Yankovic

using it- I'm starving today, and want to eat everything in sight. This song lyric keeps reminding me how hungry I am.

Since my last post, I have run 7 miles, biked almost 10, and played a game of disc golf, and read "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince".

Friday I decided to go have my gait tested a local running store, and see if the reason my calf hurts so much is due to the new balances. I ended up buying a new pair of Brooks. I know nothing about them, except if my feet could sing praises, they would. It was a very pleasent sneaker shopping experience, and I recommend this store if you are in Portland. I then called my dad, and asked him for new sneakers for my birthday. He said "sure, when do you want to get them" and I said "I just did :)". YAY!

Friday afternoon, it was so hot, but 3 miles was what Hal said I should do, and I wanted to take Brooks out, and see what they can do, so I put on as little clothes as possible, while still covering up from top of tank top to bottom of shorts (i'm not a middrift kind of gal), and changed my route to include a lot of shade. I've never run this route, so instead of running a measured 3 miles, I ran for about 35 minutes, and decided that was at least 3 miles, probably 3.25 or so.

Saturday was cross training day, so I got 30 minutes on the bike, up some small hills, and kept the speed around 15-17 mph. It felt good to have a breeze, but my mind was on Harry Potter. As soon as I got back from the ride, I was off the Borders to pick up my reserved (for 40% off) copy of the Half Blood Prince. It has about 650 pages. K and I went to lunch and a game of disc golf with some friends, but I managed to read 450 pages before turning in.

I woke up Sunday morning nervous about the 4 miles, I wasn't sure how much to eat or drink, and ended up not having enough of either. I know 4 miles is that long, but it is like the 2 or 3 time I've run that much. (i was always more of a 2-3 miler back when) It went ok, I had to stop a few times and stretch out the left calf, but I ran the whole thing! I bonked with about .5 mile left, and just kept pushing. I finished in about 44 minutes (not including the stop to stetch breaks) This week I have run pretty consistant 10:30 miles, and that leaves a lot of room for improvment. I'd really like to be running 8:30-9:00 minute miles, is that a reasonable goal? I finished Harry Potter around 1:00 pm, and tried to find other people who read it, so I could decompress.

I signed up for a 10 k on September 18! I'll have to figure out how to put upcoming races on the side of the blog.

I am starvin' marvin, and must go find food before I search for race reports!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Molly said…

    Damn Chandra. Since your last post, I have sat on the couch recooperating from sun burn watching crappy TV and doing *light* housework for guests on Tuesday night. Yeah. I gotta get my act together. Give me a shot of whatever it is that you have!

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Grouchy said…

    What did you think of the book???
    And: you are in birthday territory.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home