It all happens at once!
"Like Disco Lemonade" - Marcy Playground - I smell sex and candy - from Marcy Playground, released 1997.
Using it - when comparing something to disco lemonade? I don't know if this one has a use, it's just funny. File this one under odd.
I went to a concert last night! Somehow, I won tickets on the radio, and the concert was last night. The only problem- it didn't start until 9:00. Which means the first guy went on a 9, the warm up act went on at 9:50, and the main event didn't start until 11:05. As I may have mentioned, I work 50 miles from home, and have to be there at 8, so I get up around 6:30 (when not running). K and I got home at midnight (the main band- Blue Merle wasn't good enough to keep me awake for longer) That and the fact that yesterday was the GREAT RETURN to running, I was wiped. With that said, I would like to highly recommend the opening guy Kyle Riabko He had great stage presence, awesome guitar playing, and did a hysterical cover of a prince song.
I got up at 6, and did a quick 15 minute run (about 1.5 miles?), showered and went to work. I remembered to pack snacks (so I won't be tempted by the secret stash of girlscout cookies under my desk). At 12:45 I had my LAST pt appointment. The nice lady told me to run on the treadmill, so that was another mile. Since it was on the 'mill, I started at a 5.7 mph pace (.25), dropped down to 5.3mph for .25, and then did the rest at 6.2 mph. It felt so good. Then she had me get on the bike, and I rode for 1 mile (6:00). They all declared that I was healed, and gave me a wet towel to feel clean and unsweaty.
I was hoping to get in another 2 today, but I woke up late, and have a late meeting at work, so I won't get home until about 10:pm. But I'll be out there tomorrow morning.
I still can't decide if I should start the training program on Monday, or keep running next week at my turtle pace to build up a little before following the chart. It's looking like I'll do the later, as I have another out of town wedding next week, and wedding festivities all week.
HOUSE UPDATE!
(i'm long winded today, must be all the tea!)
We have a DIRTY ROTTEN SILL, that you can put your hand right through. I don't recommend it, things reside in the rotten sill. So we have to replace it, or sister it (nail another sill to the rotten one) Only one problem- there's an addition in the way. Yup, you guessed it, the addition that holds the only bathroom. So we have to take the bathroom off of the house. Hmmm I said to K. I enjoy having a bathroom, I use it daily, sometimes more than once. I enjoy showering, and not getting bit on the behind as I try to hide in the bushes behind my garage.
So last night, K had an idea. We'll just move the bathroom and the washer and dryer into the dining room. Well Silly me. Why wouldn't we just move the bathroom into the dining room. WTF?
So that's how I'm going to spend my vacation next week- making my dining room into a bathroom. Since I don't have an eat in kitchen, one can only imagine where the dining room will go- The loft in the garage perhaps?
Using it - when comparing something to disco lemonade? I don't know if this one has a use, it's just funny. File this one under odd.
I went to a concert last night! Somehow, I won tickets on the radio, and the concert was last night. The only problem- it didn't start until 9:00. Which means the first guy went on a 9, the warm up act went on at 9:50, and the main event didn't start until 11:05. As I may have mentioned, I work 50 miles from home, and have to be there at 8, so I get up around 6:30 (when not running). K and I got home at midnight (the main band- Blue Merle wasn't good enough to keep me awake for longer) That and the fact that yesterday was the GREAT RETURN to running, I was wiped. With that said, I would like to highly recommend the opening guy Kyle Riabko He had great stage presence, awesome guitar playing, and did a hysterical cover of a prince song.
I got up at 6, and did a quick 15 minute run (about 1.5 miles?), showered and went to work. I remembered to pack snacks (so I won't be tempted by the secret stash of girlscout cookies under my desk). At 12:45 I had my LAST pt appointment. The nice lady told me to run on the treadmill, so that was another mile. Since it was on the 'mill, I started at a 5.7 mph pace (.25), dropped down to 5.3mph for .25, and then did the rest at 6.2 mph. It felt so good. Then she had me get on the bike, and I rode for 1 mile (6:00). They all declared that I was healed, and gave me a wet towel to feel clean and unsweaty.
I was hoping to get in another 2 today, but I woke up late, and have a late meeting at work, so I won't get home until about 10:pm. But I'll be out there tomorrow morning.
I still can't decide if I should start the training program on Monday, or keep running next week at my turtle pace to build up a little before following the chart. It's looking like I'll do the later, as I have another out of town wedding next week, and wedding festivities all week.
HOUSE UPDATE!
(i'm long winded today, must be all the tea!)
We have a DIRTY ROTTEN SILL, that you can put your hand right through. I don't recommend it, things reside in the rotten sill. So we have to replace it, or sister it (nail another sill to the rotten one) Only one problem- there's an addition in the way. Yup, you guessed it, the addition that holds the only bathroom. So we have to take the bathroom off of the house. Hmmm I said to K. I enjoy having a bathroom, I use it daily, sometimes more than once. I enjoy showering, and not getting bit on the behind as I try to hide in the bushes behind my garage.
So last night, K had an idea. We'll just move the bathroom and the washer and dryer into the dining room. Well Silly me. Why wouldn't we just move the bathroom into the dining room. WTF?
So that's how I'm going to spend my vacation next week- making my dining room into a bathroom. Since I don't have an eat in kitchen, one can only imagine where the dining room will go- The loft in the garage perhaps?

1 Comments:
At 2:57 PM,
Sarah said…
You're healed! Yay! I'd recommend you keep at your self-described "turtle pace" But, if it was me, I know I'd jump right back in the deep end :-)
And think how convenient a bathroom in the dining room would be? Maybe you could put the dining room in the bedroom-You'd *always* have breakfast in bed :-) Okay, those were dumb...enjoy all your weekend house work!
Post a Comment
<< Home