Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Lips

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need" - Rolling Stones- On so many albums, i didn't have the patience to find the original.

A classic song, with true lyrics. My only question is why do all the rolling stones memoriablia have those lips on them? Sure, Mick Jagger has big lips, but is that really the reason?

I had a wonderful weekend, and went to see Joey and Maria's Italian Wedding. It was amusing, and a good thing to do at a bacherlorette party.

I also moved all my belongings out of my mother's house. Yup, it's all in boxes in my hall now. I officially live in Maine. Goodness, is there a lot of crap. Yesterday I found an autograph book from kindergarten. Is this something I'm supposed to still have? I have to go through it all, and try to get rid of 80% of it. I know this is a lie, and I will probably keep 80% and throw 20%, but who doesn't lie to themselves. Really?

In running news: It's looking like it might start up by Wednesday! I'll know more after PT today, but I have positive thoughts, and thighs that need to move. I spent quite a bit of yesterday walking and moving stuff, and shoveling, and carrying, and running up and down the stairs of death, and I was only a little swollen. I still can't kneel, or stand on my tippy toes on my right foot, and after running 3 minutes, it hurts a lot, but this is the WEEK!

Aunty M- K is leaving again for a week (this time work!) and one of the items on his list for this morning was to "Cover squirrel entrance". I made sure to underline this item before I left for work. All of the plastic came off the windows, and last night we had a "GREAT SCREEN HUNT". Three were discovered, and installed, so now air moves through the house. The funny thing about this is all the webs that now move in the breeze. Spider killing will commence at about 6:30 tonight. So now that we have window ledges, Linus's world has opened up. He was so excited about sitting on the sills that he moved from window to window, just to make sure they all had sills wide enough for his ever expanding cat ass. I know. My cat is gaining weight like a sumo wrestler. He also was quite excited that his nemesis, The June Bug, was ready to play.

So tonight, it's me, Linus and the thunder storms. Am I too old the build a fort? I hate thunder. (and Earthquakes, glad i don't live in CA!)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger J'Og said…

    earthquakes are mother natures roller coasters. pure joy, when no-one gets hurt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home