It's Electric
"You can't resist it, It's Electric, Boogie woogie" - Electric Boogie- Marcia Griffiths
Using it- To admit to the world, via your blog that you are addicted to the Electric Slide.
I'm going to be 27 in a little while, and I have a secret - I love the Electric Slide. It makes me laugh, I usually do it wrong, and I always try to recruit people to dance with me.
Yesterday, I was in a wedding for Suk and Jim, and it was a fabulous time, and I did the electric slide in large sparkley silver shoes with a light purple strapless bridesmaid dress, and I can't think of a better way to spend the day. A public Congrats to Suk and Jim, who despite the ridiculously high tempatures, looked wonderful and happy and full of love the entire day. And a Thank you to Suk's family, for letting me watch a Tea Ceremony.
As for the running- I went !!! I laced up the shoes for the mile I was allowed to run on Friday, and since I had no idea how far that was, I decided I would just run for 15 minutes, to see how it felt. It felt great! I remembered that I don't think I like my new running shoes (I have to have them loose in the toes, and tight on the top, and it never stays that way, and then I bunch up in the toe of the sneaker... grumble grumble). The only pain I had was in my right shoulder, but I dismissed it as general body tightness from being a lazy lump.
So I ran (jogged really) up my street about 8 minutes and then back to the house. When I got back, K was still on his bikeride, so I did some yoga, situps and pushups.
It felt great to sweat, knowing I was doing something good for my body.
This week I will run my 15 minutes in the morning, and take a 2 mile walk at lunch with a co-worker. I made up the schedule for the next 16 weeks, between now and the half marathon, and will implement it on Monday, July 4. An independance day for my health! (cheesy!) Now I just have to find a 5 k to sign up for somewhere around week 7. Woo hoo. I'm using a schedule based on Hal Higdon, with some modifications, to have me run a few more long runs before the actual half. I have to learn how to carry water with me, and maybe even refuel.
Today's random question (aside from if you like the electric slide): do you eat gu, or anything else during a long run? (at what mileage point?)
Using it- To admit to the world, via your blog that you are addicted to the Electric Slide.
I'm going to be 27 in a little while, and I have a secret - I love the Electric Slide. It makes me laugh, I usually do it wrong, and I always try to recruit people to dance with me.
Yesterday, I was in a wedding for Suk and Jim, and it was a fabulous time, and I did the electric slide in large sparkley silver shoes with a light purple strapless bridesmaid dress, and I can't think of a better way to spend the day. A public Congrats to Suk and Jim, who despite the ridiculously high tempatures, looked wonderful and happy and full of love the entire day. And a Thank you to Suk's family, for letting me watch a Tea Ceremony.
As for the running- I went !!! I laced up the shoes for the mile I was allowed to run on Friday, and since I had no idea how far that was, I decided I would just run for 15 minutes, to see how it felt. It felt great! I remembered that I don't think I like my new running shoes (I have to have them loose in the toes, and tight on the top, and it never stays that way, and then I bunch up in the toe of the sneaker... grumble grumble). The only pain I had was in my right shoulder, but I dismissed it as general body tightness from being a lazy lump.
So I ran (jogged really) up my street about 8 minutes and then back to the house. When I got back, K was still on his bikeride, so I did some yoga, situps and pushups.
It felt great to sweat, knowing I was doing something good for my body.
This week I will run my 15 minutes in the morning, and take a 2 mile walk at lunch with a co-worker. I made up the schedule for the next 16 weeks, between now and the half marathon, and will implement it on Monday, July 4. An independance day for my health! (cheesy!) Now I just have to find a 5 k to sign up for somewhere around week 7. Woo hoo. I'm using a schedule based on Hal Higdon, with some modifications, to have me run a few more long runs before the actual half. I have to learn how to carry water with me, and maybe even refuel.
Today's random question (aside from if you like the electric slide): do you eat gu, or anything else during a long run? (at what mileage point?)

2 Comments:
At 12:46 PM,
Molly said…
Chandra, it sounds like you a had a wonderful weekend! I'm glad that you are able to head out again and literally pound the pavement.
Likewise, either tomorrow or Wednesday I should be able to head to the gym again for the first time in *weeks.* I have been missing it so much!
At 8:05 PM,
Ellen Clair Lamb said…
I too love the Electric Slide...
Post a Comment
<< Home