Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Memory Lane

"I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger" - Ronnie Wood Ooh La La, from Ooh La La, released 1973

using it: to remind yourself that even though you thought you knew everything "back then", you really had no clue.

I was looking through a lot of old pictures last night, trying to organize them into albums, and I found myself singing this song. There was a lot of pictures from highschool - North Quincy High, and I just laughed and laughed. 5 proms, graduation, track meets, sleepovers, oh my goodness. It was nice, because I forget how much fun I had. Coincidently, I forget what a nerd I was, and how I was never in the "popular" group. It made me realize that I had some pretty good friends that I have lost touch with. Brian E. O'Donnell, if you're out there somewhere, drop me a line!

The appt with the orthopedic surgeon went well this morning, and she seemed to think I would be running next week! I have a road ride planned for Saturday, and i'll go to PT on Monday of next week, and hopefully start running Monday night. Oh! and i netflixed a belly dancing video to try as an alternate to yoga. That's on tonight's agenda!

A very special Happy Birthday to Gwen, and a Happy Flag day to you all!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    Let me know how that belly dancing video goes. I thought about signing up for a class, but the times didn't work for me.

    High school fun, huh? Wow. That's a first.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    You know, I loved high school, too! I like trips down that memory lane :-)

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Grouchy said…

    Yes, and rolling down hills. Or do I mean carrying people up hills? Something with hills, anyhow. With ponytails. (And then witnessing the throwing of things at other, innocent customers at Papa Gino's--high school)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home