To Boston and Back
"I love that dirty water, mmm Boston you're my home" - Don't know who sings it, do you?
Using it- to pledge allegiance to Boston, or sing it when the Red Sox Kick serious booty
This morning I found out I have shin splints! WOO HOO. I'm so excited. I can't decide which I'd rather have, the exploding calf or the shin splints. conviently they are both in the same leg.
Sarcasm over. I cut my run short this morning because I had to drive to the home town, south of Boston to see my Dad who was admitted to the hospital. I had hopes that my run would take my mind off it, but the entire time i was like "why am I doing this, I could be driving". So i turned around early. Oh well.
The good news is that he's ok, and i'm back in Maine, after 440 miles of driving.
i get my ipod tomorrow!! and will spend a lovely day in Bar Harbor. I'm thinking about bringing my running stuff up there, and running on the beach, we'll see how humid it's going to be. I have a pretty low tolerance.
A special shout out to the Williams' who donated their extra washing machine to Aunty M, and to K who installed it, so we could have clean clothes, and to the towels currently sopping up all the water because there was "just a little leak".
My mom's planning a visit this weekend so we can swim!
Random post over now.
Using it- to pledge allegiance to Boston, or sing it when the Red Sox Kick serious booty
This morning I found out I have shin splints! WOO HOO. I'm so excited. I can't decide which I'd rather have, the exploding calf or the shin splints. conviently they are both in the same leg.
Sarcasm over. I cut my run short this morning because I had to drive to the home town, south of Boston to see my Dad who was admitted to the hospital. I had hopes that my run would take my mind off it, but the entire time i was like "why am I doing this, I could be driving". So i turned around early. Oh well.
The good news is that he's ok, and i'm back in Maine, after 440 miles of driving.
i get my ipod tomorrow!! and will spend a lovely day in Bar Harbor. I'm thinking about bringing my running stuff up there, and running on the beach, we'll see how humid it's going to be. I have a pretty low tolerance.
A special shout out to the Williams' who donated their extra washing machine to Aunty M, and to K who installed it, so we could have clean clothes, and to the towels currently sopping up all the water because there was "just a little leak".
My mom's planning a visit this weekend so we can swim!
Random post over now.

4 Comments:
At 7:55 PM,
Molly said…
Chandra, glad to hear that your dad is okay...I also don't know what shin splints are. Call me stupid, but you should really just call me drunk.
At 1:25 PM,
Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…
Google web search - The Standells - Dirty Water. There mystery solved.
At 2:12 PM,
KJ said…
Hi Chandra - dawn(pink lady)'s site led me over to yours. Glad to hear you are training for the Portland 1/2 Marathon...so am I! We must be on the same training schedule:)
At 2:15 PM,
Sarah said…
Best wishes to your father! Enjoy the weekend with the iPod :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home