Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Water, Pria Bars and Wicking

"All them tremendous brunettes around" - Tremendous Brunettes from Haughy Melodic - Mike Doughty (this song is a duet with Dave Matthews) Released- 2005.

Using it- when surrounded by brunettes! (chandra trivia- i've always wanted red hair)

I ran 3 miles yesterday really fast(for me). It felt great. I was pushing hard, it felt like my legs were moving so fast mere mortals couldn't see them. I got back from the run, stretched, and realized there was major pain in the ligament on the top of my left foot. I babied it, stretched, showered and went to work. It hasn't hurt since, but it scared the bleep out of me for a brief moment.

I was going to run this morning, but when I woke up it was dark and I was starving. Paad Thai for dinner last night wasn't enough to fuel me for a morning run.

I am really learning alot about nutrition and how it effects (affects?) my body for runs. Anyone have good articles about it, pass those links along! Like Sunday's Long Run: I had a pria power bar with some water before, and it felt great. About 1/3 of the way through the run, I passed my car and stopped and had some more water. It really made a difference. I don't usually drink water during the runs. They have been so short I haven't needed to. But now, as my mileage increases, I find a bonky point around 3.5 miles where water must be consumed. I hate running with a water bottle, and my runs are out and back, so don't include passing my house (or car) for a water stop.

In other news, I bought a wicking shirt from Patagonia (living so close to the outlet makes a big difference) and I LOVE it. It makes running more fun, less sweaty, and I look cool. I'm not going to lie to you, with my patagonia shorts and wicking shirt, coolmax socks, and brooks glycerin sneakers, mini ipod and julbo shades, I look like a real runner. Maybe I should buy some under amour.

This week's rundown is up

I also want to mention this blog - I found it through Jeff (I think?) and it makes me laugh heartily.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Riona said…

    Wicking / tech fabrics make all the difference. I'll never wear cotton again. If you're wondering about a water bottle, I recommend a Fuel Belt - Jeff recommended it to me and I've never looked back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home