Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ides of August (plus one)

"I'll run in the rain till I'm breathless, when I'm breathless, I'll run till I drop"- Fool in the Rain - Led Zeppelin

Using it- when running in the rain, or committing to run till you drop

I _love_ this song. It started my obsession with Led Zeppelin, which I'll admit came a little later in my life than I thought it would. It also started at the same time as my obsession with Ani Difranco, but that's a psychosis for another day.

Yesterday was the ides of August, and i know it was someone's birthday. But I can't remember who. So if you're my friend, and yesterday was your birthday, I'm sorry, but please let me know so it doesn't drive me crazy anymore.

Aunty M was full to the brim last night (and i'm not just making cesspool jokes). K's parents and sister stayed over last night due to some wet poly on their fabulous wooden floors. The funniest part (well, the 2nd funniest) - K wasn't there. The 2nd funniest was they also brought their 2 dogs, a german shepard and a big greyhound/shepard mutt. Linus did not enjoy the dogs, in case you thought that might have gone well.

I still managed to get up this morning at 5:45 for a 4.5 miler. I usually hate (and avoid) running on Tuesdays, but Linus woke me up, and it seemed like a good idea. It was nice. I had a great run, and could have run 6 miles, except I would have been late for work. The other exciting part was that I was cold during the run. A tank top wasn't the best idea, but all my other choices were in my bedroom with K's parents (yes, they slept on our bed).

I'm working on my 100 things about me list, and having a great time at it. I think it might become more interesting the older I get, and maybe i'll remember to make another one in 10 years, and compare.

I also wanted to say how much all the RBF running blogs inspire me to keep up with my training. It also lets me know that with a lot of work, calorie counting and sweat, I will run my half marathon. So thanks for updating your blogs, and sharing your training :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home