The Back Cove
"Girls- to do the dishes, Girls- to clean up my room, Girls - to do the laundry - Girls" -Girls- Beastie Boys from "Licensed to Ill "
Using It- When you feel like a maid
This is such a catchy song, I ignore the meaning. Can't you just hear the music?
Yesterday was going to be the long run. Ahh, I hate writing that. I woke up at 6:45, which was very non typical of old non running chandra, and sadly normal with new "1/2 marathon training chandra". It's like malibu barbie, but with normal measurements, and a pair of Brooks Glycerins. I got all the running stuff on, was very quiet because K was still sleeping, and mom was visiting, and sleeping in the guest room. On the highway (just a few minutes) it was raining, and early, and grey and I contemplated turning around like 7 times, but i didn't. I'm not sure why, but I think i was afraid K would know I didn't run. Then I got lost. I had no idea where the parking lot was for the back cove, and somehow ended up turning back onto the highway (i HATE that). I was going to do a u-turn but there was a cop across from me, so I just went down to the next exit, which turned out to be the correct one. The loop was 3.5 miles, measured and gravelly paved. It was actually quite nice. I was going to run 6 miles. I spent far too long trying to figure out the best way to do that. It was relatively flat, and I passed a guy!!! (this is a FIRST!). I was on a 10:00- 10:30 pave, and feeling ok. Then my quad started twitching. I was at mile 2.75-3.15, following the path over a big bridge next to the highway. I hadn't figured out how I was going to run 6 yet, route wise. This is strange, because normally I'm all about mental math. I saw my car, and just had no desire to go on, so I stopped. I was ok with it. I tried a new route, ran the entire way, felt good.
I'm planning on running the back cove route at least once more this week, and will go around twice next week for the full 7. and every day until then, I will be kicking my own butt to do the daily runs (something that I slacked on last week- super tired, no energy, no desire to run). I have 3.5 on the schedule for today, rest tomorrow, and 3-4.5 on Wednesday and Thursday. more decisions will be made as it comes.
I noticed a large trend of GI tract problems in the blogs this week. Is it the humidity? I've had similar problems this month, although not this week.
Thursday will be the t minus 1 month until my first race. EGADS!
Using It- When you feel like a maid
This is such a catchy song, I ignore the meaning. Can't you just hear the music?
Yesterday was going to be the long run. Ahh, I hate writing that. I woke up at 6:45, which was very non typical of old non running chandra, and sadly normal with new "1/2 marathon training chandra". It's like malibu barbie, but with normal measurements, and a pair of Brooks Glycerins. I got all the running stuff on, was very quiet because K was still sleeping, and mom was visiting, and sleeping in the guest room. On the highway (just a few minutes) it was raining, and early, and grey and I contemplated turning around like 7 times, but i didn't. I'm not sure why, but I think i was afraid K would know I didn't run. Then I got lost. I had no idea where the parking lot was for the back cove, and somehow ended up turning back onto the highway (i HATE that). I was going to do a u-turn but there was a cop across from me, so I just went down to the next exit, which turned out to be the correct one. The loop was 3.5 miles, measured and gravelly paved. It was actually quite nice. I was going to run 6 miles. I spent far too long trying to figure out the best way to do that. It was relatively flat, and I passed a guy!!! (this is a FIRST!). I was on a 10:00- 10:30 pave, and feeling ok. Then my quad started twitching. I was at mile 2.75-3.15, following the path over a big bridge next to the highway. I hadn't figured out how I was going to run 6 yet, route wise. This is strange, because normally I'm all about mental math. I saw my car, and just had no desire to go on, so I stopped. I was ok with it. I tried a new route, ran the entire way, felt good.
I'm planning on running the back cove route at least once more this week, and will go around twice next week for the full 7. and every day until then, I will be kicking my own butt to do the daily runs (something that I slacked on last week- super tired, no energy, no desire to run). I have 3.5 on the schedule for today, rest tomorrow, and 3-4.5 on Wednesday and Thursday. more decisions will be made as it comes.
I noticed a large trend of GI tract problems in the blogs this week. Is it the humidity? I've had similar problems this month, although not this week.
Thursday will be the t minus 1 month until my first race. EGADS!

1 Comments:
At 3:59 PM,
Ellen Clair Lamb said…
Interesting about the GI problems... I haven't had any, but my dog woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday in EXTREME distress. We'd gone to a party that afternoon, so there's no telling what he'd been eating, but even so... Mercury's still in retrograde til Tuesday, I think.
Post a Comment
<< Home