Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dixie Chicken or Tennesee Lamb?

"If you'll be my dixie chicken, i'll be your tennessee lamb, and we can walk together, down in dixie land" Little Feat "Dixie Chicken" I have a version of DMB singing Crash (on live at chicago, disc 2) where that sweet dave voice says this at the end.

Using it: I used to ask people if the would be a dixie chicken or a tennesee lamb, just because i think it's funny. Which would you be?

And now, a brief recount of my run on Sunday. It was long, it was hot, and I ate a cliff shot.

ok. that's it.

just kidding. you thought you were going to get away with just that. HA. So here's why I think the run was good:
1. I ran for 65 minutes, and when I stopped, the world did not end
2. ummm...

Here's why I think the run sucked:
1. I ate a half buffalo chicken roll up for breakfast/lunch around 11:30, and the rest of it around 3:30
2. I ate my first cliff shot - something berry like. it wasn't as bad as I thought, but combined with the buffalo chicken and the water needed to drink to not get cliff shot induced stomach issues, i felt like I was carrying around about 50 extra pounds.
3. I am bored of my running playlist on Joe (the ipod!)
4. I put lead weights in my shoes, to make it more of a challenge.
5. I had spent the day cleaning out my closet, and that just sucks.

Ok. So I didn't put lead weights in my shoes, but it sure as heck felt like it. The strange thing is that I am oddly proud of the run (is that a sin?) It sucked, and my feet felt like flat pancakes, and there was berry goo mixing with spicy chicken and water in my bloated tummy, but I just bit it back, and ran.

Monday I cut down a lot of bamboo brush, and tuesday was another 35 minutes of running. I even caught up on the food log! Tonight: another hour of running, perhaps a different route, with a new playlist (or none at all!!).

Check out the new rundown here. It's great with a lot of exciting links!

Warning: posting over the next two weeks will be sporadic, as i'm an event planner with a lot of events this month!

oh, and the suspense has been long enough, I'd be a dixie chicken. no way would I ever qualify for lamb status. off to read how Naomi did on her half marathon!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL ... I love the lead weights in the shoes, to make it more challenging ... I believe there are people who sneek into my house and put lead weights in my shoes, they are also the same people who make hills appear from nowhere on the last couple miles of my runs!

    Great job on the run you deserve to be proud.

    Put me down for Dixie Chicken!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…

    Blame it all on the chicken...lol.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…

    Blame it all on the chicken...lol.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger KJ said…

    hee hee, the lead weight comment threw me for a second. I thought why would someone want to do that? It's hard enough as is to run some days :)
    To answer your question about the lake: Beech Hill btwn Bngr and Elswrth. It is a spring fed lake and crystal clear.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger brent said…

    new playlists totally work for me!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger jeanne said…

    Yeah, that's a lot of food before a run, and mixed up with gu??! You obviously like to live (run) on the edge! :)

    Funny post! Yeah, those people putting lead weights in my shoes, my bra, my HEAD, really need to QUIT IT!

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger jeanne said…

    p.s. neither lamb nor chicken ... tofu...it's all about the tofu.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home