Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Monday, September 26, 2005

WHAM!

"Wake me up before you go go, I don't want to miss it when you hit that high" - Wham! Wake me up before you go go.

Using it: expressing my desire to live vicariously through other running blogs.

A few items today:
1. a hearty congrats to Stephanie in Kansas City - you are an inspiration!
2. man, I'm sleepy today. I had a conference all weekend (as I am a meeting planner!) and i'm back at work early this morning!
3. The new plan: weight loss (about 5-10 lbs) and control - non painful, non running cardio, with yoga, and weights
4. PSA: Please check yourself for tics, and if you see a bullseye, get tested for Lyme Disease! It's bad but if the doctor catches it in time, antibiotics make everything better!
5. Scheduling a bone scan, so they can figure out if it's really a stress fracture.
6. I live near the marathon route (boo hooo!) that I won't be running next week, and they have started to put up signs, and it's depressing every time I drive by them.
7. I love county fairs
8. K's cousin, or neice, is coming over from Switzerland for a few months, and I get to be the tour guide on Friday (because I have the day off!!!!)
9. *Pom Pom* I'm trying to become an Official RBF big marathon season virtual cheerleader.
Let me know when your race is, and I will write you a cheer!
10. Shameless plug for Molly, who's leaving for the Peace Corp very soon. She keeps a blog about it. She has been trying to get me to post a picture, so here's my first attempt. This is Linus, my cat.(edit- NOT WORKING, DON'T KNOW WHY!)
11. Happy Birthday to my one and only MOMMY! She has no idea what the internet is, or how to use it, but someday I will change that!

Question: How Low impact is an ellipitical?

8 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said…

    Sorry you won't be running in the race. Not sure if it would help or not, but you might see if they need volunteers. The runners would sure appreciate it and you'd know first hand the kinds of things they want to hear for encouragement. Then you could be a real life cheerleader and not only a virtual one!

    And my doctoro will never schedule a bone scan unless he can see a stress fracture in an Xray. Ofcourse, by then its too late and bone may already be protruding through the skin. I hate my doctor.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger brent said…

    thanks for cheering!!! i love it, good stuff.

    i think the elliptical is fairly low impact but it probably depends on where your (potential) stress fracture is. i used it when my shins hurt, but when it hurt (in a bad way) i would quit for that session.

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elliptical training is no impact, but it is weight-bearing. I do it on some of my non-running days, about once a week. If you're worried about a stress fracture anywhere on your foot, I wouldn't try it.

    Yoga is a maybe, but watch out for your foot. Yoga does strange things with it, at least that's been my experience.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Molly said…

    Thanks for the shout out, Chandra. I hope that you get things figured out and enjoy some low impact exercise until you heal.

    Volunteering for races may be a way to continue your support, I think that's a great idea.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Running Chick said…

    let's see..I'd like to put in a request for a cheer for April-Anne (rapidrunner) and me for the Hartford marathon on October 8th, and Michelle (runninmomma) is doing the Hartford half-marathon that same day.

    Team colors are orange and blue. =)

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Running Chick said…

    (thanks for the cheer! you rock!)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger April Anne said…

    Loved the cheer!! thanks!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Hang in there, your plan sounds awesome. You'll be marathoning in no time ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home