Who put the Bop
"Who put the Bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop" - who put the Bomp by Barry Mann
using it: when you can't form actual sentences. Yup, I'm that nervous.
So yesterday, the skies above Maine (at least the county I live in) opened up in some sort of "I know this is the only day chandra has off, and will run 9 miles, so let's completely ruin her plan" thing.
So I couldn't run. I could barely even drive through the high water. We got about 2-3 inches in 1 hour. it was crazy. I know I have no right to complain about high water with people still out of their homes, and living in a cholera infested superdome, but I have never seen so much rain in so little time.
I went to the running store, with the glycerins, the foot pain, and the offending socks. For the next hour and a half (time I should have been running!) I tried on sneakers. I tried on mizuno's, brooks, new balance, asics, EVERY SNEAKER IN THE WORLD it felt like, and i learned a few things:
1. left foot is size 7
2. right foot is size 7.5
3. my sneakers are size 8
4. i need medial arch support, or my knees will bang together
5. All recent back and shoulder pain has been caused by the Glycerins.
I have brooks adrenaline 5's now.
I know I shouldn't have bought new shoes 2 days before my first race, and 2.5 weeks before the half marathon, but in the comedy of errors that has become my training, it's really not a big deal. (RIGHT??)
When an actor debuts in a theater production you say "break a leg"
what do you say when a runner runs their first race?
Wish me luck, race report on Monday!
using it: when you can't form actual sentences. Yup, I'm that nervous.
So yesterday, the skies above Maine (at least the county I live in) opened up in some sort of "I know this is the only day chandra has off, and will run 9 miles, so let's completely ruin her plan" thing.
So I couldn't run. I could barely even drive through the high water. We got about 2-3 inches in 1 hour. it was crazy. I know I have no right to complain about high water with people still out of their homes, and living in a cholera infested superdome, but I have never seen so much rain in so little time.
I went to the running store, with the glycerins, the foot pain, and the offending socks. For the next hour and a half (time I should have been running!) I tried on sneakers. I tried on mizuno's, brooks, new balance, asics, EVERY SNEAKER IN THE WORLD it felt like, and i learned a few things:
1. left foot is size 7
2. right foot is size 7.5
3. my sneakers are size 8
4. i need medial arch support, or my knees will bang together
5. All recent back and shoulder pain has been caused by the Glycerins.
I have brooks adrenaline 5's now.
I know I shouldn't have bought new shoes 2 days before my first race, and 2.5 weeks before the half marathon, but in the comedy of errors that has become my training, it's really not a big deal. (RIGHT??)
When an actor debuts in a theater production you say "break a leg"
what do you say when a runner runs their first race?
Wish me luck, race report on Monday!

8 Comments:
At 10:27 AM,
Simba's Mom said…
Good luck!! (I am not sure what the proper phrase is, but I won't say break a leg!!) I am sure you will have an awesome time. Races are so much fun!!
At 12:09 PM,
Sarah said…
Those are my *new* shoes, too! I didn't have any problems breaking them in on my long run...I can only hope you'll be as lucky! TONS OF LUCK this weekend!
At 1:32 PM,
a.maria said…
many super good lucks!!! the shoes will be the magic touch!! have fun!!
(fun?! wait..what?! we're supposed to be having fun out here?! hmmm.. maybe THATS what i'm doing wrong!!)
;)
At 1:43 PM,
Running Chick said…
Best of luck!! I hope your new sneakers came with fancy wings to speed you along effortlessly!
At 7:21 PM,
Molly said…
'who put the Bob': you should listen to the LeTigre take off.
At 11:39 AM,
Anonymous said…
good luck!
I have brooks adrenaline's and I love them!
At 9:24 PM,
Molly said…
how'd the race go?
At 2:02 PM,
Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…
I use Brooks Adrenlines and love em. I was in Mizuno's but they didn't give me enough support.
Post a Comment
<< Home