Georgia on My mind!
"That old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind" - Ray Charles
Using it: when in georgia, use it to make yourself look like a major tourist.
Yay! I made it through my vacation, two weekends of solid roofing (with another on the way!) and two plane rides, I am in Atlanta, about a good spit away from the Olympic torch. Which is really cooler than it should be.
I have made a glorious return. I tried to blog 2 times during my vacation, but was thwarted by a computer without javascripts, and another who was obviously having mouse problems.
I also successfully joined the Y, and have been, TWICE!
I'll tell you a little story about me, Claudia and the step class from he-doublehockeysticks. If you know me, you might be saying "Chandra's not coordinated enough to take a step class. And you would be right. It was my first one, and dear goodness, I laughed more than I stepped. Taking a step class when you can't successfully walk up a flight of steps is silly. Taking a step class when you don't speak a lot of english is downright insane. Claudia and I laughed at our incompetence for most of the class. Good times.
I almost missed my flight this morning. It was quite ridiculous. It being election day, and me having to drive through a major elementry school neighbor, combined with the fact there is NO parking at the airport, made me show up for a 9:20 flight at 8:50. ok, more like 9:00. I got my workout in today. I sprinted for a damn long way carrying my suitcase, new laptop *gush* and oversized travel purse. The gate agent actually commented on it. The good news: my foot didn't hurt! woo hoo
The new job is going well. Too early to tell anything about it, but the chaps seem nice. See, now that I work for a company based in England, I can use words like that. Chap, bloke. I also don't have to use "z" in words. I can just replace it with a "s". like specialise. It's not program, it's programme. The date thing really confuses me, and i'm not even going to talk about the 24 hour clock. what the hell is 16:00?
A very joyful happy birthday to Ted! and a belated happy bday to Steph!
More from the south tomorrow! (maybe a tour of Coca Cola World!)
I finally have time to go check out all your blogs!
Using it: when in georgia, use it to make yourself look like a major tourist.
Yay! I made it through my vacation, two weekends of solid roofing (with another on the way!) and two plane rides, I am in Atlanta, about a good spit away from the Olympic torch. Which is really cooler than it should be.
I have made a glorious return. I tried to blog 2 times during my vacation, but was thwarted by a computer without javascripts, and another who was obviously having mouse problems.
I also successfully joined the Y, and have been, TWICE!
I'll tell you a little story about me, Claudia and the step class from he-doublehockeysticks. If you know me, you might be saying "Chandra's not coordinated enough to take a step class. And you would be right. It was my first one, and dear goodness, I laughed more than I stepped. Taking a step class when you can't successfully walk up a flight of steps is silly. Taking a step class when you don't speak a lot of english is downright insane. Claudia and I laughed at our incompetence for most of the class. Good times.
I almost missed my flight this morning. It was quite ridiculous. It being election day, and me having to drive through a major elementry school neighbor, combined with the fact there is NO parking at the airport, made me show up for a 9:20 flight at 8:50. ok, more like 9:00. I got my workout in today. I sprinted for a damn long way carrying my suitcase, new laptop *gush* and oversized travel purse. The gate agent actually commented on it. The good news: my foot didn't hurt! woo hoo
The new job is going well. Too early to tell anything about it, but the chaps seem nice. See, now that I work for a company based in England, I can use words like that. Chap, bloke. I also don't have to use "z" in words. I can just replace it with a "s". like specialise. It's not program, it's programme. The date thing really confuses me, and i'm not even going to talk about the 24 hour clock. what the hell is 16:00?
A very joyful happy birthday to Ted! and a belated happy bday to Steph!
More from the south tomorrow! (maybe a tour of Coca Cola World!)
I finally have time to go check out all your blogs!

1 Comments:
At 2:59 PM,
Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said…
My you are a busy lady.
Post a Comment
<< Home