double nickel
"Say Hey Girl, come with me and let yourself go," - Hey Girl - OAR on Prince and Me soundtrack
Using it - when letting yourself go.
Saturday - Run: 3 miles - a new route, kind of nice.
Sunday - Bike: 14 miles - joined a crowd of cyclists- K's parents and their gang of veloraptors. They are training for a 150 mile ride, and said I could come along on their sunday rides. I think I might just take them up on the offer, as it's nice to bike with others. I run alone and swim alone, so this is nice.
Now, this was the first time I had ever biked with 6 people over 50, and things seemed to be going smoothly. We were all in a row, a nice path, life was good. There was a hill. I rode up it. it was nice. We turned around, did the same hill from the other side.
it was bad.
I have one of those old bikes, with what I like to call "suicide shifters" on the frame, above the water cage, but most definitely not on the handlebars.
so i down shift one gear. something goes terribly wrong, and with my feet in the clipless pedals I have a moment of enlightenment - i was going down.
I was spinning my pedals, but wasn't moving.
I went down, popped out of my pedals, and rolled a bit.
there was blood. not a lot, I'm not claiming major injury here, but there was blood.
no one else fell.
so maybe with age comes grace?
the ride finished up nicely, and I think i'll go back next week!
Using it - when letting yourself go.
Saturday - Run: 3 miles - a new route, kind of nice.
Sunday - Bike: 14 miles - joined a crowd of cyclists- K's parents and their gang of veloraptors. They are training for a 150 mile ride, and said I could come along on their sunday rides. I think I might just take them up on the offer, as it's nice to bike with others. I run alone and swim alone, so this is nice.
Now, this was the first time I had ever biked with 6 people over 50, and things seemed to be going smoothly. We were all in a row, a nice path, life was good. There was a hill. I rode up it. it was nice. We turned around, did the same hill from the other side.
it was bad.
I have one of those old bikes, with what I like to call "suicide shifters" on the frame, above the water cage, but most definitely not on the handlebars.
so i down shift one gear. something goes terribly wrong, and with my feet in the clipless pedals I have a moment of enlightenment - i was going down.
I was spinning my pedals, but wasn't moving.
I went down, popped out of my pedals, and rolled a bit.
there was blood. not a lot, I'm not claiming major injury here, but there was blood.
no one else fell.
so maybe with age comes grace?
the ride finished up nicely, and I think i'll go back next week!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home