Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Friday, May 04, 2007

happy blog day

"I make toys but i've got aspirations" - Elf's Lament- Bare Naked Ladies Holiday CD

using it - this was the first song lyric I quoted on this blog, when I started it a little over 2 years ago. and here it is again, to celebrate my 2 year blogday, and try to get back to my roots.

Flash backward: to last year's blog birthday:


Now the summary:

When I started, I was working someplace that was ok, but wasn't giving me enough. I was going through the motions, learning a lot, and spending a lot of time driving. I think because I was spending all that time in car, I was anxious to be outside. I also worked really close to my then gym, and was forced to take a 1 hour lunch every day. I think between these factors, I was really able to focus on running. I enjoyed getting out of the office at lunch and working up a sweat. I didn't have that many friends in the area, so I went directly home after work, and went running if I didn't already go that morning or during lunch. I also had some more time available for being an RBF member. I read more, commented more, and definitely posted more.

Flash forward:
Here I am, posting once a week, if I'm lucky, being completly wrapped up in the job, traveling, meeting some great peeps, and hanging out with some great new friends. I'm having a blast. I'm excited to be almost 29 (ok, that is a little bit of a huge lie) but I'm less horified of it than i used to be. I make grown up decisions (ha!) and am really enjoying my life. I've almost signed up for a sprint triathlon (ok, I haven't signed up, but i printed out the registration form, and I look at it every day.) and am getting back into the serious training, now that there is no snow on the ground, no bus to live in, and no major current foot problems.

*raises glass*
To family, friends, running, renovations, going to china in August (OMG!) the wonderfull world of multisport, and blogging.

cheers

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Grouchy said…

    Wow, you're going to China in August? That's so exciting!!
    Happy blog day :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home