Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Happy Blog Birthday

"What is it about me
'Cause you know I'm only five foot two
And I'm giggly wiggly"
- Ani DiFranco - Pick Yer Nose

using it - to celebrate the fact that I'm giggly wiggly, and almost 5 foot 2

Dear Blog,

It's been a year of frequent visits, typing, of pouring my soul out, and just letting small pieces through. I thought about you on my run this morning, ya know, when I wasn't frickin freezing, or trying to figure out why the swamp smelled so bad. I thought about how I've been running on and off for a year, and writing about it. I thought about the RBF, and the nice people i've never met, but who I cheer on from afar. I thought about my recent addiction to bloglines, and some comments i've recieved. Blogging about running, and the rest of my life has allowed me to look at it through a new set of eyes. It holds me accountable, and I need that. It lets me share stupid things, dumb things, crazy things and ridiculous things with people who choose to read it.

I thought about all the blogs I read, and how I wish I had time to read them more often, or comment more. I thought about running, and how my day is better when I get to run, or make myself run, or drag myself through the run.

I thought about how my life has changed, and not changed in the past year - with the blogging remaing constant, I got a new job, started travelling quite a bit, cemented myself if my house, am planning for renovation, started fixing another house, got a few hair cuts, became more comfortable travelling to a new place, and eating alone at a restuaurant, becoming more confident in my abilities, while questioning every one of them.

I thought about all the new leaves I said i would turn over. The times when I promised myself a run, and then life got in the way, and I let it. I thought about my cardio fitness levels, and how, in the past year, they have rollar coastered, while my weight has pretty much remained the same. The injuries to my feet, the sneakers, the new shorts, the fabulous ipod. I think i like you, i'm pretty sure I do.

Thanks blog (and running!) for a great year, let's do it again!

Catch ya on the flip side (tomorrow)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home