Running from my House

Face Forward. Move Slow. Forge Ahead.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Washington Hights?

"Old New York City is a friendly old town,
From Washington Heights to Harlem on down.
There's a-mighty many people all millin' all around,
They'll kick you when you're up and knock you when you're down.
It's hard times in the city,
Livin' down in New York town." -- Bob Dylan - Hard Times in New York Town

using it... when trying to think of a song that has "washington" in it.

yup, so today's song is about NYC, and I'm in DC. thems the breaks. I just can't think of a "DC" song today. I'll try again later.

ANYWHO... I went running this morning... in DC... down embassy row... yeah, i know. how freakin' cool is that? it was beeeutiful out. shorts and tshirt weather. which is fabulous if you live in maine, and can't fathom tshirt and shorts in April. I think if I run again tomorrow, and a few more times this week, I could have *gasp* a tan. yeah. i said TAN. IN APRIL.

so i actually got lost on the run this morning (in DC, down Embassy Row) i meant to run past the white house, and the mall, reflecting pool, ya know. DC stuff. but I turned the wrong way down Mass Ave.
And then I had a swanky breakfast in the conceriege lounge.. cuz i'm on the concerige floor. *sweet*

anyone know good runs around the DC area? or remember that site where you tell them what city you're in and they give distances, and good routes?

Oh, 1 more thing - i'm thinking about signing up for team in training in Portland for the marathon (or half)... but I can't decide. anyone doing it - does it work for you, is it rewarding.... ya know. all those questions..

YAY JEFF!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger jeanne said…

    welcome to D.C.!!! The embassy row run is great, but if you can, try to get down to the national mall, you can run from the white house to the capital, up capital hill, by the supreme court...OR you can run along the potomac. Get to Georgetown and go down to the waterfront. Run past the restaurants out towards maryland (River will be on your left) and there's a gorgeous trail, the Capital Crescent trail that goes for miles! Have fun! e-mail me if you need more routes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home