Join the joyride

"She says: Hello, you fool, I love you
Come on join the joyride
Join the joyride
Be a joyrider
I take you on a skyride
A feeling like you're spellbound
The sunshine is a lady
Who ROX you like a baby " - Joyride- Roxette
using it - when encouraging people to get on for the ride.
We were reminiscing about songs that were our faves back in highschool and before today, and this seemed the most appropriate for a blog post.
The pic is from my safely seated area at Tuckerman's this weekend. Some of those little dots are people!
Ok, so i made the training plan excel doc yesterday for the OMG it's in 3 months mini sprint tri that I still haven't signed up for. I have to add a few bricks, but it's looking good, except for an ugly part of my life from June 17-30, where I will be living out of a suitecase between Maine, Mass, Conn, TX, DC and Denver. Ugh.
Anywho, K and I went hiking on Saturday up Mt. Washington. We went to Tuckerman's Ravine and we hiked up (serious ups people) like 4 miles of nothing but up. in the snow. K, bring a rock star, and having 0% body fat, did it with his tele skisboots on, carrying his skis, and I did it with 2 bottles of water, and some warm clothes in a backpack.
I'm a wuss. a sad heart almost exploded on the up, wuss.
it was of course another wake up call, and majorly hurt my achilles. i've been stretching for 4 days, and it feels a lot better!
am i stupid/dumb to think i can do a tri? K thinks i am. he doesnt think i can do it, and is rather vocal about it. he should be more motivating, but he's just not like that.
i was looking at the training plan, and I can do it, but i don't have that fire I want to be there in the pit of my winter weight belly. maybe it stems from K's doubts?
so that's where I am this week, aside from work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home